Signs of Declining Mental Health

Being aware of these warning signs for declining mental health can help you be proactive. Knowing you are struggling allows you to search for what you need to heal and improve your wellbeing. Be diligent about tuning into your body and asking it what you need. Check-ins are healthy and necessary.

1. You isolate yourself from family and friends and avoid any constant with them.
  2. You find it extremely difficult to get out of bed and do everyday tasks.
  3. You have a loss of interest in things you used to enjoy.
  4. You have changes in your appetite. Some people find it hard to eat, while others may overeat.
  5. You find it hard to take care of your personal hygiene. For e.g. showering, brushing your teeth, changing your clothes, etc.
  6. You find it difficult to concentrate on anything and feel a lack of motivation in doing so.
  7. You feel disconnected from reality and from those around you.

Have you experienced any of these signs lately. I have.

1. Your welcome 🌺

1. Last year around this time is when I started to notice a decline in my mental health. I was having panic and anxiety attacks frequently. I was not eating or sleeping well. All I wanted to do was sleep and cry. It is important that we share these to inform those who simply are not aware that their mental health is declining. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I can relate because I have been in a similar situation.

Dealing with a mental condition can be an incredibly isolating experience. And struggling alone isn’t the answer to getting through difficult times.

Seeking help ensures that you can build a supportive community that understands what you’re going through. This community can offer helpful and appropriate guidance and advice.

2. Emer Ní Chorra says:

Thanks for sharing. I’m new here and happy to make new connections.

Happy to connect with you through my blog

3. ollie says:

These are all very informative signs. I just wrote about Depression in my blog as well. It’s crazy seeing all the signs I showed and didn’t notice at the time.

Yes mental health surely comes in subtly