It doesn’t matter what you do or where you work – everyone is looking for ways to be more productive on the job. But excessive amounts of caffeine and list-making won’t get you any closer to reaching peak productivity levels today.
So, why are we all so obsessed with productivity? It’s probably because in this digital age, staying on task and avoiding distraction is harder to accomplish than your actual work. Not to mention the feeling of a productive workday is somewhat euphoric.
This search for a more productive workday has led to a certain misconception about what productivity really is — and it’s a lot more than checking tasks off your to-do list. Truly productive people aren’t focused on doing more things; this is actually the opposite of productivity.
Here are few habits of insanely productive people :
- They capitalise on their most productive time – Find the time where you feel the most productive and attach your biggest goals during that time.
- They rarely skip a meal. Your brain needs the fuel from food to stay sharp and focused. Commit to take time to eat throughout the day, even if it’s only 15-minute snack breaks eating high energy food, such as nuts, lean meats and antioxidant vegetables.
- They rest – Just like skipping meals, skimping on your sleep schedule is never a good idea. Your body needs between 6 to 8 hours to be fully refreshed and ready for the day.
- They delegate – Oftentimes, the most productive people know they can’t do everything alone. They’re not afraid to reach out to their team for help. Try boosting your productivity by deleting tasks that you don’t really need a hand in.
- They cut the chitchat – If you’re in an office setting, chances are you spend at least 25% of your day chatting with your co-workers, catching up on the latest gossip or meandering around the break room. Time is money. Now this isn’t to say you shouldn’t foster healthy relationships with your team, in fact many times those relationships can boost happiness, which in turn boosts productivity. Just try to limit to 15 minutes per day.
- They streamline – You should constantly be looking for ways to streamline your day, cutting out the time-suck tasks and leaving more room for the tasks that will create real growth in your career.
- They allow time for personal growth – Productive people are successful because they also know how to balance. Working 14 hours days might make you feel productive, but your health, focus and true productivity will suffer. Give yourself time to have fun, hang out with friends, read a boo you enjoy or take walk in nature. Sometimes all we need for a quick productivity boost is a simple break from work
What are you productivity hacks?
One Comment Add yours
We are a material society ( so says Madonna) so we look at things as products Thus, “productivity”.