The highest aim of any spiritual path is surrender. Although you may associate the word surrender with defeat or weakness, it is the most powerful spiritual action, offering you infinite freedom and possibilities. Surrender is trusting that God, the Universe, or a higher intelligence can accomplish anything, even when you can’t foresee the outcome of a situation.
At the level of spirit, everything is always unfolding perfectly, and you don’t have to struggle or force situations to go your way. It is only your ego-mind that believes you are an isolated individual trying to survive in a hostile world. In truth, you are a spiritual being. When you surrender to Spirit and listen to voice of your deeper intelligence, you end the struggle. You free yourself from fear and doubt and release the obstacles your ego has created.
Here are some tips you can use to start leading a more spiritual life :
- Listen/Watch programming that guides your life in a positive direction.
- Close your eyes and listen to the sound of a singing bowl.
- Connect with kindred spirit and uplift one another.
- When bathing, imaging washing away negative feelings and thoughts.
- Practice Yoda Nidra.
- Write down your dreams when you wake up.
- Use oracle cards for guidance.
- Practice yoga poses not for exercise but to open energy in your body.
- Listen to music that stirs your should or calms your mind.
- Let your spirit communicate through the arts; sing, dance, draw.
- Burn nag Champa or any incense to being a meditative practice.
- Circulate your energy with qi gong.
- Create a vision board for your dreams.
- Write down what you were thankful for today and place in a jar.