It turns out that even brilliant, highly accomplished people are pretty lousy when it comes to understanding why they succeed or fail. In fact, decades of research on achievement suggests that successful people reach their goals not simply because of who they are, but more often because of what they do.
Here are common habits of super successful people :
- Wake up early. Studies and interviews have shown that a majority of CEOs wake up at least before 6am on weekdays (most wakeup between 4am to 5am).
- Exercise early too. You will feel energised for the rest of the day.
- Meditate to clear your mind and strengthen your intuition.
- Keep your to-do list short so you only accomplish very important tasks.
- Cut back on meetings to save time for more important tasks.
- Say no to make time for only the most important tasks as Warren Buffett said “The difference. between successful people and very successful people is that very successful people say no to almost everything”.
- Be willing to work 60-65 hour work weeks (one common unifying trait of all high achiever is a relentless work ethic).
- Have a strict schedule with outlines goals every day and execute it.
- Isolate yourself regularly to go into deep focus and get work done without distractions. A lot of good creative thinking happens away from the office desk.
Which one of the habits do you have?