Uses of Eucalyptus Oil Part 2
The uses of eucalyptus oil are manifold, from a pleasant smelling decongestant to a soothing and gentle remedy for urinary infections.
- The antiseptic properties of eucalyptus make it an excellent remedy for infections, particularly of the urinary tract.
- Combat painful cystitis with a gentle daily massage over the lower back, abdomen ans hips.
- For a soothing massage oil, add to 25ml sweet almond oil – 4-5 drops of eucalyptus oil + 4-5 drops of neroli oil.
- A gentle massage with eucalyptus can help soothe a bout of cystitis.
- The antiseptic action of eucalyptus makes it a versatile medicinal oil.
- Applied as a compress, eucalyptus soothes inflammation and can be used to relieve muscular aches and rheumatic pains.
- For strains and sprains : Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil and 5-6 drops of lavender oil to a cold compress and apply.
- Its warming and anti-inflammatory properties make eucalyptus oil an excellent pain reliever.
- Dispel congestion with a steam inhalation.
- Add 203 drops each of eucalyptus, lemon and pine oil to a bowl of hot water.
- Cover the head with a towel and breathe in deeply.
- Harness the de-congestive properties of eucalyptus by using it in a steam inhalation.