Habits That Make Your Life Better Part 2

When it comes to creating a more balanced, happy life, we often look to massive lifestyle shifts as the only solution. (If you, like me, have ever set a New Year’s resolution to simply “be healthier”, you probably know what I mean).This mentality often results in overwhelm, lack of sustainability, and a huge sense of frustration when results don’t come as quickly or as easily as we’d like.

Sometimes all is takes is a quick adjustment in our daily routine to change our lives. Here are a few habits that make your life better :

• Put One things in a Pile for Donation – Most of us have too much stuff. When you’re getting dressed, find that one item of clothing you never wear and put it in a pile for donation. Repeat every few days, then start checking other spots (kitchen cabinets, bookshelves, kid’s playrooms). Then find your nearest donation drop-off.
  • Think Dirty – No idea if this has positive effects or not, but we are all mammals. And lately, we’re all mammals whose joy comes from watching cat videos on repeat. Devoting at least a minute a day to a naughty notion seems like a good way to stay in touch with our animal selves.
  • Unsubscribe – If you get an email from every online store where you’ve spent cash, you’re more likely to buy something you don’t need because of an online coupon that’ll be available next week, too. Pick one email a day and unsubscribe.
  • Learn a Joke – Did you hear the one about the cop, the elephant, and the writer? Find a joke you like and practice it once a day to have at the ready the next time you’re out with friends and conversation hits a lull.

Reference : https://i.pinimg.com/originals/63/03/82/630382b543d41277171a853e468f7f09.jpg

1. catacosmosis says:

I truly needed this (and let 1). My thoughts are all over the place currently but this is more helpful than you can imagine (for me). Thank you….

Glad to be of help. Take little steps and be consistent with them.

2. Sri Bala S says:

I love your posts and thank you so much for checking out my site! Means a lot to have you read my posts! ❤

Hi Sri, thank you for stopping by and liking my post. I will return to your blog soon 🙂

1. Sri Bala S says:

Thank you! Looking forward to reading more of your work.

Thank you for the reblog.

Glad you liked the little steps to making our lives better. Stay healthy. Stay safe.

3. Helen says:

Thanks for the tips! I am in the process of unsubscribing from various things (it is a long tedious process). I’m pretty careful about subscribing and yet they still add up and I end up with so much junk in my email lol it gets overwhelming

Hahah yes same here. But let’s start with unsubscribing one per day 👍🏼

1. Helen says:

Great idea

4. Keeping a minimal inbox is super helpful. I even block spam that makes it in because I often check there too.

Makes sense. Spam needs be controlled

5. After my husband passed away, I began clearing away clutter. That was almost four years ago. Then this year I lost my job thanks to Covid. With nothing else to do, I began clearing in earnest. Mostly stuff past usability. The landfill operators now know my son by name. But it feels much better here now.

I am sorry for your loss Rebecca. Decluttering can become an important way to practice self-care because it helps you take control of your home, your life and your “stuff” to improve your overall well-being. Creating a home that can give you the time, space, energy and clarity to improve your health, happiness and overall well-being.

6. Effective reminders! I like the idea of taking a minute or two here and there to declutter.

With cooler weather approaching, most of us will be spending more time indoors. Enjoying the coziness of your home when it’s cold and gray outside is one of life’s little pleasures, yet at the same time your place can often feel so full of stuff that you can’t completely relax. Decluttering helps. It is worth exploring further to find out just how much of a positive effect this can have on your life.

7. I definitely have to pick up learning a new joke everyday. Any resource I can use for this or maybe an app?

Haha the best way is to find reasons in your daily life to laugh

1. I’ll do that more often. Thanks.

Most welcome