Herb Garden Suggestions Part 2
Even if you live in an apartment, condo, or living situation that doesn’t come with a yard or garden space you can still cultivate your own herbs in the kitchen, a sunny window sill, or patio! There are a plethora of herb garden ideas you can choose from that will literally spice up your life!
The best thing about this kind of gardening is that it really doesn’t take a lot of effort to put together. Some herb garden ideas can be as simple as throwing a few seeds in a trio of tin pails and setting them on your kitchen window sill. Not only do these miniature edible gardens look pretty, but they’re functional as well and you can use the herbs fresh from the countertop!
Here are some herb garden suggestions :
- Moonlight Garden – Artemesias, silver southernwood, evening primrose, shasta daisy, catnip, white star columbine, horehound, clary sage, lavender, baby’s breath, lamb’s ear, datura, and santolina.
- Medicinal Garden – Chamomile, lemon balm, feverfew, lavender, thyme, garlic, yarrow, echinacea, ginger, mints, rosemary, valerian, plantain, calendula, horehound, comfrey, mullein, monarda, elecampane, black cohosh, evening primrose, foxglove, St. John’s wort, oregano, rosemary, mallows, catnip, blue vervain, holy basil, skullcap, flax, arnica, cayenne, and boneset.
- Insect-Repelling Garden – Lemon balm, anise, basil, lemongrass, citronella scented geranium, sage, rosemary, chives, lavender and mint.
- Shady Herb Garden – Angelica, chervil, lady’s mantle, lemon balm, mints, tarragon, sweet woodruff, chives, lovage, and sweet cicely.
- Tea Garden – Bee balm, chamomile, echinacea, fennel, ginger, milk thistle, mints, roses, Valeria, raspberry, nettle, and holy basil.