Tips to Reduce Anxious Feelings

Anxiety is often a long-term issue. To keep anxiety from coming back, you need to learn to control your overall anxiety symptoms, and that’s not something that happens overnight. There is no magic pill for curing anxiety forever, nor is there a therapy that is 100% effective after one session. Everyone has frightening or anxious moments. This particular feeling can be detrimental to you because it may stop you from living a normal life.

Here are some tips to deal effectively with this uncomfortable emotion :

• Music – Put on calming music to change our emotions. Music & singing reduces overwhelm quickly and makes everything feel better.
  • Go Outside – Eat outside, sit on a balcony, or sit in a local park, & just breathe in the fresh air.
  • Breathe – Focus attention on inhaling & exhaling. Do it standing, sitting or lying down. Each time we breathe, we come back to the present moment.
  • Good Food – Healthy food can lower inflammation in our body & less sugar can reduce feelings of anxiety, agitation & feeling edgy.
  • Laugh – Laughter really is the best medicine. It’s contagious, can reduce stress levels dramatically, so provides quick relief if overwhelmed.
  • Journalling – Writing down or drawing our thoughts & worries can make them feel less concerning to us. It can help us make a plan to change things.
  • Positive Exposure – Watching inspirational & motivational movies or documentation can help us to see the positive things in life, & make us feel more grateful for what we have.
  • Move – Just moving our body can relieve feelings of overwhelm. Chucking on some tunes can do wonders for the body, brain & our overall well being.

Reference :

1. These are excellent tips. Thank you!

Anxiety is a beast, but it is possible to win the battle without medication. Sometimes, overcoming worry and nervousness is simply a matter of modifying your behavior, thoughts, and lifestyle. You can start with a drug-free approach, and then speak with a doctor if your symptoms don’t improve or worsen. Glad you liked the post. Thank you for stopping by

2. Liz says:

Good advice. I have shared this post on Twitter.

Thank you for the post. I liked it on Twitter 😁

3. Deskraven says:

I love this, and the truth behind it. I live with three anxiety disorders myself. Thank you for posting.

-Jaymie

I am glad you liked these tips Jaymie. Having dealt with anxiety myself I know where you are coming from.
      Anxiety is an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and physical changes like increased blood pressure. People with anxiety disorders usually have recurring intrusive thoughts or concerns. They may avoid certain situations out of worry.

1. Deskraven says:

Yes, very much so. I’ve gotten much better through a great deal of hard work, but I know it is only the beginning.

Wonderful.

4. Great tips to relieve anxiety🌷🌷🌷.

Thank you Prakash. Glad you liked them. By changing subconscious programming happiness can be achieved. One can remove the fear and anxiety arising out of loneliness.

Thank you for the reblog.

5. I too suffer and thanks for your guidance to helping to manage this difficult condition. I have had many years of therapy, mainly CBT which I dint get along with. I find it deals with the mind and I don’t think I am my mind, I’m something else.
    My thoughts are with you. A blogger beginner.

With a rich, woody, earthy scent, sandalwood has an ancient history of use for relaxation and anxiety relief. Scientific research indicates sandalwood can be effective in easing anxiety symptoms. Research has also shown sandalwood can have sedative effects, reducing wakefulness and increasing amounts of non-REM sleep.

1. I will have a good at the sandalwood thing. I use the Nag Champa incense which I find helps a lot. Thanks for the connection.

Most welcome. Glad you liked the suggestion. I always burn sandalwood in my infuser every evening for relaxation.

6. ascott4321 says:

Love this post! I have struggled with anxiety since I can rememeber. I have done all of these things and they truly do work! We just have to push ourselves harder somedays more than others ☺💛 Thank you for sharing!

Anxiety is a problem when it becomes overwhelming or unmanageable and it comes up unexpectedly. Anxiety disorders are mental illnesses that have a big impact your life. People may avoid going about their daily lives in order to avoid anxiety. They may experience a lot of uncomfortable physical sensations and physical health problems. Many people say that they know their anxiety isn’t based in reality, but they feel ‘trapped’ by their thought and feelings. Anxiety disorders can be treated. It’s important to seek help if you’re concerned about anxiety in your life.

7. ascott4321 says:

10000 percent accurate. All the way. Especially during times of covid-19 and seasonal depression on top of that. Thank you!

Most welcome 🙏🏼

8. luchynwanma says:

It has never meant well for us

Glad you liked the post Mark. Most people try to ignore it. Ignoring your anxiety doesn’t make it go away; the relentless thoughts just continue. The key is to feel everything, it helps in letting go.

1. Mark Hughes says:

Yes, sadly we live in a world where taking a pill is the answer.

Yes sadly

9. Great post here Friend. All the things you list are beautiful indeed. As far as anxiety goes, I think there is the general anxiety that everyone has from time to time, and there are anxiety disorders. All human of course, these things happen. In addition to the wonderful things that you have included, I would also say, seeking peace with a relationship with God. God really does care for us, and it feels good to know that the maker of the entire universe, the King of kings and the most powerful being on earth loves us, and very deeply too. God listens when you speak, he knows your name and your story, and when you are ready to reach out to him, he is ready to reach out to you. Pray and be in a positive space with God, the God who heals, who comforts, who soothes is still on the throne. God would empower your doctors etc with the knowledge that they need to help you. God is able.

God says in Isaiah 41:10
    So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

God says in Jeremiah 29:11
    “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.

The Bible says in Philippians 4:6
    “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God”.

To anyone interested, If you want more information on how to connect with God, I have a post on it here:

You can check out the blog post above. If the information is too overwhelming for you, then you can start slow and work your way up gradually. If you want to stay updated and you want more posts from me, you can follow my blog. I post about God, faith and Christian Spirituality.

If you ever need to talk, then send me a message on the “Contact” section of my page.

May God be with you, Amen. 🙂

I usually don’t allow links in my comments but this time I thank you for sharing these here. These words have given me peace. Thank you.

1. I appreciate you for this reply. Thank you so much.

Most welcome.

10. Absolutely!! Great advice.

Glad you liked the post. Many people are not able to identify anxiety. Abnormal anxiety will be intense for a longer duration. It may cause you to have panic attacks, and you may experience other physical symptoms such as dizziness, racing heart, trembling, and nausea. Anxiety disorder also causes anxiety that is not tied to a specific event or situation.

1. I’m so glad that people are finally openly talking about how anxiety can look different for everyone. It isn’t always sweaty palms and a racing heart, but everyone has their own experience with anxiety,

Yes true…I am glad people are not shying away from seeking help. 🙂

11. bosssybabe says:

Thanks for this post! I definitely could use some of these tips (especially these days)!

Most welcome. Glad you found it helpful.