Anxiety is often a long-term issue. To keep anxiety from coming back, you need to learn to control your overall anxiety symptoms, and that’s not something that happens overnight. There is no magic pill for curing anxiety forever, nor is there a therapy that is 100% effective after one session. Everyone has frightening or anxious moments. This particular feeling can be detrimental to you because it may stop you from living a normal life.
Here are some tips to deal effectively with this uncomfortable emotion :
- Music – Put on calming music to change our emotions. Music & singing reduces overwhelm quickly and makes everything feel better.
- Go Outside – Eat outside, sit on a balcony, or sit in a local park, & just breathe in the fresh air.
- Breathe – Focus attention on inhaling & exhaling. Do it standing, sitting or lying down. Each time we breathe, we come back to the present moment.
- Good Food – Healthy food can lower inflammation in our body & less sugar can reduce feelings of anxiety, agitation & feeling edgy.
- Laugh – Laughter really is the best medicine. It’s contagious, can reduce stress levels dramatically, so provides quick relief if overwhelmed.
- Journalling – Writing down or drawing our thoughts & worries can make them feel less concerning to us. It can help us make a plan to change things.
- Positive Exposure – Watching inspirational & motivational movies or documentation can help us to see the positive things in life, & make us feel more grateful for what we have.
- Move – Just moving our body can relieve feelings of overwhelm. Chucking on some tunes can do wonders for the body, brain & our overall well being.