Life Lessons Part 2

How you approach life says a lot about who you are. There are some who are content to passively coast through, hoping they land where they need to be and know what to do when the time comes.
Then there are others, who make active choices to understand who they are and what they want, and set the goals that will keep them moving in the right direction. But a big part of having a successful life, is learning how to cope with the lessons that life has to teach us.

Here are few powerful life lessons that will happen to us, learn how they will be significant:

• Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
  • It’s okay to let your children see you cry.
  • Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
  • If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
  • Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
  • You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
  • A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
  • It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is upto you and no one else.
  • When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.

Reference : https://i.pinimg.com/originals/dc/bd/f4/dcbdf455ae3e00f0bca891bddde2b2f7.jpg

1. six pm says:

All valuable pieces of advice.

Glad you liked the post Six Pm

2. I love those lesson – going back to see part one!

Did you find the Part 1?

1. I did and liked – thank you! 😊

👍🏼👍🏼

3. short and sweet like a proverbial nut packed with intelligence. ty 🦁❤

Wow you really liked the post..hahha

4. “It’s never too late to have a happy childhood” -Tom Robbins. I used this quote in my latest post, ty for liking it 😀 This is so so profound and kind. Also it could be percieved as coincidental. I have the pleasure of finding then reading this as a result of this page liking my last post 😀 ty

“Avatar Function And This Quote By Tom Robbins” no points for guessing what the quote was.. 🤣

5. “Its never too late to have a happy childhood”- Tom Robbins

Life’s coincidence’s always intreigue me..

I’m finding this by chance or I think maybe you liked a blog post or two, thanks by the way!

My last post is partly about this very same quote!

“Avatar Function And This Quote By Tom Robbins” 🤣

6. Thank you I enjoyed the read

Glad you liked the post. I constantly struggle with making peace with the past. Here’s what my friend suggested. Shift your priorities and focus on the things that matter. It’s far easier to forgive yourself for past mistakes when you aren’t worked to the bone. It’s easier to let go and move on when you don’t feel so stressed out all the time, or constantly living in a state of fear or anxiety. Don’t take everything so seriously.

7. scubaviste says:

Great inspiration. Thanks

I really like the part which says that we need to keep our lives private. The most insecure people always have drama going on. They can’t respect other people’s privacy because they can’t respect their own. A private life is a happy life because when you know what to keep to yourself, you no longer block your ability to accept, move on, and make decisions for yourself.

Thank you for the reblog.

1. Always happy to read and share your posts, My Dear!!
        xoxox 😘💕💖🌹✨

😊😊

8. Kellie says:

Love these lessons, especially about not comparing yourself to others and for writers to write ❤️

The three components of happiness are something to do, someone to love, and something to look forward to. Think about it. If we have useful work, sustaining relationships, and the promise of pleasure, it is hard to be unhappy. I use the term “work” to encompass any activity, paid or unpaid, that gives us a feeling of personal significance. If we have a compelling avocation that lends meaning to our lives, that is our work.

9. Heatherjo says:

It so important not to compare our lives to others. Reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures.
    “But let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person. For each one will carry his own load.” (Galatians 6:4,5)

Agreed. You can control one life—yours. But when we constantly compare ourselves to others, we waste precious energy focusing on other peoples’ lives rather than our own. Comparisons often result in resentment. Resentment towards others and towards ourselves.

10. mtcheuffa1 says:

Very true and interesting life teaching

Thank you. Making peace with the past resonates with me a lot. Which one resonates with you?

11. Thanks for your uplifting words!

Most welcome Mimi.

12. gpavants says:

Garima,

Great nuggets of wisdom. These are much like Proverbs. To the point.

Thanks,

Gary

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:32 AM Be Inspired..!! wrote:

> GS posted: ” How you approach life says a lot about who you are. There are > some who are content to passively coast through, hoping they land where > they need to be and know what to do when the time comes.Then there are > others, who make active choices to understand who” >

Most welcome Gary. Glad you liked it

13. 24 Money says:

Lovely and sound

Glad you liked the post. 2020 has forced us to look into our lives

14. Shain says:

Good advice. Thank You for sharing!

Most welcome Shain. I am glad these posts are liked.

15. Arpita Singh says:

Worthy post that I got to read today!

Glad you liked the post Arpita. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

16. lifeofstace says:

Love this, all very practical advice.

Glad you liked the post. Perhaps the best way to sum up the key to life is wisdom from the movie Shawshank Redemption when Andy Dufresne said to his fellow inmate Red: “Life comes down to a simple choice: You’re either busy living or busy dying.” It isn’t just a quote from a movie, its advice for all of us.

17. xiexii says:

Loved these! Thank you for sharing these lessons

Thank you so much. Which one resonated with you the most. The one that I liked was show up and everything is achievable. It means stepping beyond your current way of life. The most important step to change anything in life is to show up.

18. I tell clients all the time it’s okay for their children to see them cry! Shows them it’s okay to feel! Love it 💕

Perfect

To feel means that you are experiencing life. It means that you are letting yourself be a real person. A person with faults and flaws, expectations and emotions. A person that is capable of loving and forgiving, breaking and rebuilding, again and again.

To feel means embracing the ups and downs, accepting that you can feel hurt and happiness almost simultaneously. It means that wonderful, dizzying moments of joy will occur when you least expect them. It means that sh*tty things are inevitable, and that’s okay.

19. My generation is a little obsessed with secret relationships. I have no idea why. I understand privacy. I don’t understand the fetishizing of secrecy. People are literally posting pictures with their alleged fiances with the faces cropped out or covered. 😳

Secretiveness is not necessarily a personality trait, but it can be a correlate of one i.e. Judging via the MBTI. It is by nature a defensive stance, which indicates that there is a certain level of judgement going on regarding the safety of an environment, be it social or environmental. So generally speaking some people are more secretive than others because they value their privacy more, sometimes to a fault. That does not necessarily mean they are more introverted. Remember that all traits or correlates are flexible and may change across different settings, be they social or environmental. Some people literally can’t share their information, like hired assassins. They usually have a certain level of psychopathy so whether they see secretiveness the same way is another story altogether. Some people enjoy projecting a mysterious persona. Secretiveness sometimes carries negative connotations in our culture because it’s commonly accepted to be all up in each others’ business. This is an example of where bucking the trend is healthy.

1. The latter part of your reply hits the nail on the head. I wasn’t referring to true preservation of privacy. I was referring to the people who want to create a mysterious persona by pretending to be secretive.

I do think it’s a little unrealistic of people to post their lives on public forums and expect people to NOT be all up in it, haha. Whatever I want to keep private, I just don’t mention.

I do the same Alexis. I am a very private person. It helps being sane.

20. Faith Olakpe says:

Wonderful advice ♥️

Glad you liked it faith. Simple things make life simple.

1. Faith Olakpe says:

Yeahh….it does.

Glad you agree.

21. istanbul evden eve nakliyat

22. Hi there, I have just read your post and I’m a little concerned. You seem to have a “good “ and “bad” life worked out. Yet you say where your heart takes you is where you need to be.

To dismiss the life if someone who allows them selves to be guided by the universe, misses the point.
    It’s a bit like having to fit into a male oriented extrovert world is the only choice.

I’m an observer of the universe, I wonder at its beauty and vastness.

I’m not a go getter, as for ambition, I’m never quite sure of it. I’m enthusiastic in what I do, the paths I take but to be judged by some arbitrary criteria is somewhat missing the point. But, hay ho, the world keeps turning and who knows what we will discover.

There is nothing certain in life. I do not have say that if we follow these tenets in life, there will be no sorrow. There will be sorrow but maybe these tenets will give you courage to overcome them.

23. I am indeed enjoying my”second childhood”!!! Lovely post.

Glad to know that. From what I have observed, the inner child of most people, even in developed countries, gets stuck in a state of suspended animation forever, such that most people die inwardly before they even become adults. Their emotional traumas overcome them and snuff out their spirit.

24. beautiful lessons, as you said it is very important to take a conscious approach to life, specially with all the noises around us sometimes it can be hard to know or do what we would values.:) Thank you for the post

Conscious living is about appreciating yourself as well as everything around you through seeing and acting with greater clarity. It goes beyond the traditional understanding of self-development, clears up the illusory and confusing separation of self-development and spirituality and introduces the concept of you not as a separate person but as interconnected to all other people and things.