The arguments for approaching life in a grave, serious and unsmiling mood are overwhelming: we are clearly a profoundly wicked species, we continually perpetrate monstrous suffering on one another, our greed and viciousness know no bounds, our minds are fickle and largely out of control, no one gets through existence unscathed and everyday is bad until – eventually – the worst of all happens. The only people one could imagine smiling through this kind of horror show would be the still-too innocent or the actively deluded.
Lightheartedness is about balance, finding a place between complete seriousness and being utterly carefree. It’s about controlling your emotions rather than letting them get the better of you. In this sense, trying to be more lighthearted is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.
Here are few ways in which you can stay light headed :
- Smile to become instantly more likeable, attractive, and approachable.
- Laugh whenever possible.
- Feel. You should accept your own and others feelings.
- Let go of things you can’t control.
- Accept yourself and others as perfectly imperfect.
- Enjoy yourself as much as possible.
- Create surprises with pleasant acts of care and cheer yourself up.
Whenever you learn to be a light hearted person you get your wings to fly like a free bird in the sky.