One anxious thought often leads to another, and then another, until the person is surrounded by these thoughts. It becomes difficult to revert to a worry-free state of mind once these anxious thoughts take over. In moments like this, journaling can help reduce anxiety. Studies have shown that writing about how a person feels has the potential to ease anxiety in people who have suffered from traumatic event.
Here are some journaling prompts for you :
- Make a list of people with whom you have a poor relationship and the reasons why.
- What brings you peace and why?
- Where do you feel the safest and the reasons why?
- Who loves you truly for who you are?
- Make a list of 3 things that you want to change about yourself. Then, write action points how you could accomplish this.
- What are your talents? What are you doing right now to nourish these talents?
- Describe your biggest accomplishment.