Self Validation

Taking yourself seriously, allowing yourself to feel what you feel (primary emotions), think what you think, want what you want, with acceptance and without judgements, second guessing, self loathing, or self contempt.

How can I validate myself? Here’s how

Using Mindfulness

• Be mindful of your thoughts and feelings : observe, describe, participate, non-judgemental; just notice (what is, is).
  • Notice judgements but do not attach to them…let them go.
  • Notice your thinking, and observe it (not necessarily participating in the thought, not necessarily taking the thought as “true”)
  • Accurately identify your feelings (focus on primary emotions)
  • Allow yourself to feel my primary emotions; not escape from them with judgements, out of control actions, etc, and not numb out from them; instead allow and manage them skilfully, take your experiences seriously.
  • Respect your own values.

Using Radical Acceptance

• Search for understanding and legitimacy, honestly & non-judgementally.
  • Try radical acceptance of being, of your feelings, of thoughts, of actions.
  • Practice willingness with respect to your own experience.
  • Recontextualize the things you tend to invalidate (broaden and balance the context of the thing you are invalidating).

Change How I Respond to Myself

• Respond in a way (action) that you would take yourself seriously.
  • Normalise my normative emotions, rather than criticise or judge them.
  • Recognise truly problematic behaviour and target it for change.
  • Provide myself nurturance and support, or seek it from another.
  • Find compassion for myself when I’s suffering, as I would for any human being.
  • Use my wise mind.

Reference : https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/c8/8e/f5c88ee37fdac48f09e4493c04ff7e6a.jpg

1. Absolutely! We all need these reminders every day. A perfect way to start my day.

Validation is part of being interdependent and relying on the feedback and encouragement of others around us. Even very independent people still need validation in some aspects of their life; however, they are also able to accept their own self-validation if they do not get it from someone else.

1. Always love reading and sharing your posts, My Dear! Have a great week!
        xoxox 😘💕🌹😊

🙏🏼🙏🏼

Glad you liked the post Amber

2. This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Validating your thoughts and emotions will help you calm yourself and manage them more effectively. Validating yourself will help you accept and better understand yourself, which leads to a stronger identity and better skills at managing intense emotions. Self-validation helps you find wisdom.

Thank you for the reblog.

🙌🏼

2. Love Alone says:

Welcome… 😊

3. ascott4321 says:

Heck yea! I have been taking it upon myself to do these things every day in th morning when I first wake up. What a different it makes in just 7 days…

They do!! Note down the things you’ve done well, the choices you’ve made that you’re proud of, the progress you’ve made, and even the things that required no action at all—for example, the time you gave yourself to simply be.

When you regularly praise yourself, self-validation becomes a habit you can depend on when you need it the most.