Daily Dose for the Soul

A Sense of Passion

The Greeks have given us one of the most beautiful words of our language : enthusiasm. The word enthusiasm translates to “a God within”. Within you is an invite passionate soul that wishes to express itself. It’s the God within you, urging you to fulfil a deep sense of what you were meant to be. All our acts are measured by the inspiration from which they originate. When your acts display the faces of intention, they spring from a God residing within you. This is enthusiasm. When you emulate the power of intention, this is where you’ll feel the passion you were intended to feel and live.

The beauty of feeling passionate and enthusiastic is the glorious feeling of joy and cheerfulness that comes along with it. If you want to feel great, look into the mirror, say to your image, I am eternal; this image will fade, but I am infinite. I am here temporarily for a reason. I will be passionate about all that I do. Then just notice how you feel as you stare at your reflection. Being cheerful is a wondrous side benefit of enthusiasm. It comes from being in the active side of infinity where there’s absolutely nothing to feel bad about.

Reference : The Power of Intention. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.

1. Great encouragement. Thank you.

Passions give us purpose, but more than that, they make us feel that we have purpose in our lives. Being passionate isn’t just about knowing – it’s also about feeling. That’s what makes passions so important; they make us feel that we’re on the right path in life and give us hope for a happy and exciting future.

2. It was super beautiful, I had no idea about the word enthusiasm…I feel this while writing…it’s amazing

It is so great to have constant enthusiasm for anything in life..specially when it comes to our passions.

3. Ryn says:

This is awesome

Most people don’t have a passion. Most people are basically just doing what they are told, or what they think they are supposed to do. And no, this is not one of those “they don’t have the ability to follow their passion because of their economic situation” issues. More often than not they really don’t have a passion.

1. Ryn says:

That’s powerful

Glad you agree!!

4. Dew says:

It is hard for me to be around those who are not passionate. I wonder if that is a normal thing. It is a struggle I am dealing with as I believe I ended up marrying someone like that. Someone who does things just because they are told to or out of pure obligation. I feel miserable at times as I feel them struggling to persuade me into to thinking they are passionate. I feel the happiest when I find people who are passionate. I can just feel it in their voice, smile or even their presence. I just feel it strongly when people are not genuinely passionate about life.

Dew, you can inspire them. With your words, with your actions, with your ethics. All truly inspiring people share two fundamental qualities: they believe in themselves and they believe in others. But they also share other critical traits that make those around them want to be better, reach further, leap higher.Simple share a passion with someone in your life that may not know about it. If you’re up for a real challenge try telling someone you may not even know well at all! Tell a friend you love them for the first time, share your stories, even a secret that you’ve always wanted to get out.

1. Dew says:

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out here.. I fear that the other party feels I am just too overwhelming and sees me as a person who is hard to please or that my expectations are too high (even when I try to help them be better or show them traits to grow – they tend to misunderstand that I am trying to get them to live to some higher standard as I perceive it. But it is not true. I just believe that they can be better and I like to see them doing better)

I understand where you are coming from Dew. I have been similar situations in the past, some unpleasant ones as well. But sometimes you just need to not say, so make them understand, juts send good vibes to them in a hope that if life’s meant to teach them some lessons, they will learn and step up. Everyone has their own journey.

3. Dew says:

Thanks again. I know I will keep trying cos I rarely quit fixing things and people. Nothing makes me happier than seeing people progress to their full potential. we only have one life

You are an inspiration. Thank you

5. rachel says:

A beautiful notion, beautifully expressed! My passion for continual personal and spiritual growth and transformation may ebb and flow like a river, yet I know the well will never run dry. Thanks for finding your way to my blog, GS, so I could find my way to yours!

When you are driven by passion, you want to expand your performance beyond your actual limits. The brain’s two most powerful neurotransmitters – dopamine and oxytocin – are directly connected, they reward and reinforce the EXPLORATION and CONNECTION required in pursuit of passions.

Thank you Jenny. It is very important to find our spiritual passion. Many of you could answer these questions about your interests, but some of you may have given little thought to your passions. Here are a few questions to spark some fresh thinking:

Are you satisfied with your passion for God and your relationship with Him? What needs to change so that He becomes your focus in life? (Read Matthew 22:35-40.)
      How do you want people to remember you?
      What would others say you are most passionate about?
      What convictions has God given you?
      How has God gifted you?
      What do you want to accomplish in your relationships?
      How have you seen God use you to influence others?