Do you know your personal strengths? A very easy question, but if I would be the interviewer in an job-interview, what would you answer? Can you name your biggest personal strengths instantly? Knowing your personal strengths and weaknesses can help you a lot in choosing the right career or making good decisions. Because if you are able to focus what you do around your personal strengths, you have the chance to create something remarkable, while making it look like it’s almost effortless for you.
Here are a few questions which will help you find your strengths :
- Although some of our strengths are obvious to us, others go unnoticed. You can often spot your “invisible” strengths by noticing the things that energise you. Thinking about this past week, when did you feel most energised? What strengths were you using?
- Think about a few of your favourite hobbies or activates. What is it about these activities that you enjoy? How do these activities put your strengths to use?
- Sometimes other people are better at spotting our strengths than we are. Because we are so used to our own strengths, they can start to feel ordinary or unspectacular. What strengths or positive qualities have others shared about you? How did they notice these strengths?
- In what parts of your life have you had the most success? Don’t think of success only in terms of career or income, think of success as anything you have achieved, such as friendship, knowledge, or happiness. What about yourself has allowed you to be successful in these areas?
Read more about strengths and virtues here > https://empress2inspire.blog/2020/05/19/strengths-virtues/
- Imagine a time you felt you were at your best. Describe what you were doing, and what about that situation made you feel confident. Compare this to a time when you felt uneasy, or a time you were not confident. What are the differences?
- Think of someone whom you admire or respect. What are this person’s greatest strengths? How do you know? Do you share any of these strengths?
- Situations that reply on our weaknesses can leave us feeling drained and exhausted. What sort of situations cause you to feel this way? What weaknesses might be at the root of this?
- When a person’s goals align with their strengths, they tend to put forth more effort, and are more likely to be successful. Think about some of the goals you have for your future. How can you utilize your strengths to achieve each of these goals?
So knowing your personal strengths and weaknesses can give you a lot of insights in understanding and changing yourself. And it will help you to make the right decisions.