Putting an end to sugar cravings and cutting back on added sugar is hard — sweet foods tempt us at every turn and for many people, consuming those foods is a longtime habit associated with comfort or celebration. Sometimes sugar whispers at you from the grocery store aisle; other times it screams at you from the freezer. The good news is, with some smart sugar strategies, you can significantly reduce your sugar cravings and take back your health.
Here are a list of top foods that get rid of sugar cravings :
- Chia Seeds – Chia can absorb up to 10 times their own weight in liquid, so they make you feel full quickly. This seeds will help prevent overeating and snacking.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has a slightly sweet taste. It slows down the releasee of glucose into the blood, which gives you a longer feeling of satisfaction.
- Garlic – Garlic is great palate distraction. If you crave sugar, try eating a meal with garlic and wait for 30 minutes before reaching for sweets.
- Salmon – Salmon is rich in glutamine, an amino acid that helps reduce cravings for sugar and carbohydrates. Glutamine has stabilising effects on blood sugar levels.
- Spirulina – Spirulina is a superfood is so many ways, especially in regards to cravings. It is the most digestible protein that quickly satisfies hunger. It also delivers a variety of vitamins and minerals that help your body make more energy.
- Flaxseeds – Ground flaxseeds contain fibre, which helps you feel fuller longer. They can also reduce candida symptoms, which is a major cause of sugar cravings.
- Bee Pollen – Bee pollen gives you a natural energetic boost. It contains L-glutamine, which is a key nutrient in healing to reduce sugar cravings and stabilising blood sugar.
Hope this list is helpful in managing your sugar cravings and maintaining your health.