“Commitment in the face of conflict produces character.” ~Unknown
We all face obstacles in pursuing our goals, whether they’re professional or personal. We think we’re on the right track but realize we’ve chosen the wrong approach. We’re enthusiastic and hard-working, but our support system disintegrates when we need them the most. We’re just about to make significant progress when we run out of time or funding. Tenacious as we may be, we all have our breaking points—that moment when the potential rewards stop justifying the effort. Usually, that’s the hump that separates your best shot and your best reality.
Before you throw in the towel and go back to something safe and far less taxing, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you changed any of your medications in the past couple of weeks, including skipped doses or a change in generic prescription brand? That may be screwing with your head. Give things a few days, then talk to your doctor if it doesn’t settle down.
- If daytime: are you dressed? If not, put non clean clothes that aren’t pyjamas. Give yourself permission to wear something special, whether it’s funny t-shirt or a pretty dress.
- If nighttime: are you sleepy and fatigues but resisting going to sleep? Put on pyjamas, make yourself cozy in bed with a teddy bear and thee sound of falling rain, and close your eyes for fifteen minutes, no electronic screens allowed. If you’re still awake after that, you can get up again; not pressure.
- Do you feel ineffective. Pause right now and get something small completed, whether it’s responding to an email, loading up the dishwasher, or packing your gym bag for your next trip. Good job!
- Do you feel unattractive. Take a goddamn selfie. Your friends will remind you how great you look, and you’ll help fight society’s restrictions on what beauty can look like.
- Do you feel paralysed by indecision? Give yourself ten minutes to sit back and figure out a game plan for the day. If a particular decision or problem is still being a roadblock, simply set it aside for now, and pick something else that seems doable. Right now, the important part is to break through that status, even if it means doing something trivial.
- Have you over-exerted yourself lately – physically, emotionally, socially or intellectually? That can take a toll that lingers for days. Give yourself a break in that area, whether it’s physical rest, taking time alone, or relaxing with some silly entertainment.
- Have you waited a week? Sometimes our perception of life is skewed, and we can’t even tell that we’re not thinking clearly, and yourself going for a full week, whatever it takes, and see if you still feel the same way then.
You’ve made it this far, and you will make it through. You are stronger than you think.
Reference : https://i.redd.it/ozp1z2esf3u31.png