Food is the giver of life, the bread to your literal butter. You need it. But just in the same way that certain foods can ruin your figure, some foods will ruin your skin – and, conversely, adopting a healthy skin diet can make all the difference in the world.
- Salmon – Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, responsible for maintaining health cell membranes thus making skin look more vibrant, plump and youthful.
- Almonds – Almonds are packed with Vitamin E and rich in mono-unsaturated fat which keeps cell membranes strong and intact. This is crucial for keeping skin youthful.
- Spinach – Super charged with beta-carotene that helps repair skin cells it helps give skin a youthful glow while preventing ageing.
- Blueberries – Blueberries has the most antioxidants per serving compared to other commonly consumed fruits and berries which has a significant impact against premature ageing process.
- Yogurt – Consuming yogurt provides lots of protein and vitamins that would enhance your immune system which in turn gives clear, vibrant skin.
- White bread, pasta, cakes – High glycemic foods and linked to an increase in acne. Opt for whole wheat ad oats which are packed with anti-oxidants.
- Salt – Salt causes tissues to swell and may make your face seems puffy and unhealthy. Reduce salt in cooking or in food choices as it has been shown to aggravate acne. Make sure to rinse all canned vegetables meats and beans to reduce sodium content.
- Sweets – Overeating sugar causes wrinkles and dull skin as it damages collagen and elastic, the super important fibres that keep your skin firm and youthful.
- Alcohol – Over indulgence of booze can wreak havoc on your skin as it extremely dehydrating. It also causes vasodilation which can be an aggressor for rosacea.
Hope these tips help.