Does Law of Attraction Work?

on

The way I see it, this so-called Law of Attraction is simply a special case of the universal principle of resonance. In the same way that a radio must be tuned to a specific frequency to resonate with a transmission, a consciousness must tune in to a specific vibration in order to perceive, experience, attract, even influence a certain reality.

Although it is fairly obvious why this subject is so popular in the west, reasons as to why so few (relatively speaking) people can demonstrate results after reading “The Secret” or similar books are rooted in the misunderstanding of just what “tuning into” a vibration actually means.

The simplest way of clarifying the crucial part of this process is that it lies in the difference between wantingand being. I’ve met countless people attempting to apply the Law of Attraction and realize their dreams by “thinking” them into reality. It’s true, that can work, but in my experience, it works slowly, if at all.

The issue stems from the fact that when you think yourself rich (to use the classic example), you are resonating with the vibration of a poor person thinking themselves rich. This sentence intentionally highlights the fact that the person does not see themselves as wealthy.

The more effective approach would be to “be” rich. This is why people who experience dramatic success will often begin with changing their lifestyle. Note that they don’t wait to be rich to live like a wealthy person, it’s the other way around. To be wealthy, to attract money, one must “be money” – that means seeing money everywhere, that means hanging out in wealthy circles and that does mean spending accordingly – the psychology itself is important. This anti-frugal behavior coupled with a reasonable amount of intelligence and at least some semblance of a plan tends to yield reasonable results, universe (god/soul/etc) permitting.

Now let’s recall Rumi’s famous quote “What you seek is seeking you”. This is another way of saying the very same thing about resonance, except that, put this way, we can look at things slightly differently. Imagine that there already is a wealthy person within you, and now it’s just a matter of permission. Permission (or lack thereof) just might be the biggest obstacle to achievement, period. Imagine giving yourself permission (completely) to be wealthy. What would that mean to you, on all levels? If any aspect of your psychology is not ready to act accordingly – you must either give it permission, or give up altogether.

Thoughts?

1. Kritika says:

‘The issue stems from the fact that when you think yourself rich (to use the classic example), you are resonating with the vibration of a poor person thinking themselves rich. This sentence intentionally highlights the fact that the person does not see themselves as wealthy.’
    The other line which caught my attention is: that does mean spending accordingly.
    I agree with you completely. As the book ‘The Secret’ I have it since, I know not how many years have passed, more than 10 definitely but I did not find any connection with it. I never read it completely. Only a few topics which I was facing then but I was unsatisfied.

Now, after gathering handful of experiences I get your words clearly. ‘we can look at things slightly differently’ yes we can.

It’s all about looking at things differently and feeling good..that’s the law of attraction for you

1. Kritika says:

Rightly said. Looking at things differently.

2. wearekarma says:

I liken it to music. I love many musical genres and instruments but some music resonates with me more than other. There is some music I do not respond to at all. I imagine the law of attraction works in a similar way. I also have a keen sense of smell and certain scents affect me differently. This, too, affects the law of attraction for me. In essence, I believe we depend on all our senses when it comes to the law of attraction. First we see, or catch a scent, then we hear and if we are lucky in that attraction, we get to touch. And on that note, I also believe we all respond to stimuli differently.

Yes the entire process is about finding that stimuli which brings about feelings of already living with what you desire

3. Kenneth Wyche says:

Great post. The point that you made that stood out to me the most was the idea of giving yourself permission. I can admit to being the the poor person “manifesting” or attracting riches. But to think of yourself as already “being” wealthy is a game changer, especially when you apply the point you made of giving yourself permission. I think people tend to say and ask for things that that they have not fully received in themselves (myself included). We try to change what we have instead of changing how we think about what we have. I am declaring right now on this post that I give myself permission to rich, wealthy, and successful.

It’s all about feeling the right feeling

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹