Welcome fellow souls to « The Human Family Crash Course Series, » a new project collaborated together by empress2inspire.blog and diosraw0.wordpress.com. Together we will be working on a different topic for each crash course; our seventh topic is focused on «Magic». Each topic will have ten posts with posts on Mondays and Thursdays. We hope you enjoy our series and we look forward to knowing how our posts have inspired you!
I am guessing if you are reading this post, you either practice magic or you want to practice magic or you are just simply curious. Well this post is for all of you. We will be talking about some tips on how to start practising magic. Take everything that I write here with a grain of salt and cross reference everything I am writing because I am definitely not an expert or a professional in practising magic. So without further ado, here are some principles for practising magic :
- Read. Read everything. I know this is overwhelming because there is so much information which is also very exciting. Pick one topic, baby steps but read everything. 70% of the craft is getting the knowledge and taking notes and the other 30% is actually doing. Without knowledge you cannot go very far. Without understanding the concepts, there isn’t going to be any magic, there are going to be a lot of holes in what you do.
- The Spiritual Lifestyle is not for Everybody. Dabbling in it isn’t awful. Some may disagree, people who are interested or atleast open to learning and understanding things that once or still scare them, are doing something very brave. Some spiritual practices that you are doing now may not make sense down the time because you will grow in your consciousness if you do things right. Keep up with practices which you believe me and have faith in. Don’t put huge expectations on what you should and shouldn’t be doing.
- Ask yourself what you want out of this. What are you doing it for? Are you doing it for the pursuit of knowledge or are you doing it because it is calling out to you. Are you doing it to get closer to your family or your ancestors or are you trying to figure out how the universe works. Your “why” may change as your craft moves on but this is important from the present moment point of view.
- Learn to spot the efficient spells from the faulty ones. How do you know what works and what doesn’t. There is a lot of information out there so which is authentic? So here’s the deal, what works works, what does not work, doesn’t. You will figure out your own set of spells that work for you during the course of your practising. What works for you may necessarily work for someone else. You are going to stumble, you are going to make mistakes but keep at it. At the end of a bad day, at least you will know what doesnt work.
- Intention is important but it is not everything. Your beliefs will change as you grow in your practice. You may start with a certain set of rules but as you grow your beliefs about a particular spell or incantation will change and the world will become bigger but you are going to have a deeper understanding of how things work at least with your own perspective. You can cast spells with nothing but intention, that is possible, that’s how prayer works, however that is the hard way of going about manifestation. That is a lot of energy coming from only you. Combine intention with tools and ingredients.
- Do not be your only battery. Ask yourself whether after a spell or a ritual, are you completely exhausted? Do you feel physically, mentally or spiritually drained? If you do, it means that you are drawing energy mainly from yourself. Learn to use the energy of nature to power your spells. Humans are very good for directing energy, ascending things in specific directions. Start small and grow from there.
- Everything matters but not everything is necessary. There are so many different herbs which are used for protection, however each herb has a different essence of protection. There is a reason why we use specific ingredients, however, if you don’t have a particular ingredient, you can use a substitute ingredient that is similar.
Hope these tips help. Get crafty. You already have everything around you to get started on practising magic. Master your fundamentals. Take care.