Welcome fellow souls to «The Human Family Crash Course Series», a project collaborated by empress2inspire.blog and dios-raw.com. Together we will be working on a different topic for each crash course; our tenth topic is focused on «Angels». Each topic will have eight posts with posts on Mondays and Thursdays. We hope you
enjoy our series and we look forward to knowing how our posts have inspired you!
“Angels are created spiritual beings with moral judgment and high intelligence, but without physical bodies. Angels have not always existed; they are part of the universe that God created” (Grudem, 2000, p. 397).
Angel means a messenger of God. When most of us think of angels, we envision handsome, quite tall, blonde male figures dressed in long white robes and adorned with a pair of beautifully-feathered long wings. While this may be the description of some angles, it does not describe all of them. There is a hierarchy of angles whose assignments and positions are determined by God. There are nine levels of angels that will be discussed. They are as follows according to rank:
- Chief Archangel Michael is especially considered to be the Guardian of the Orthodox
- Archangel Gabriel is the messenger of God and whose name means “God is my strength.” He is in care of the mysteries of God.
- Archangel Raphael is associated with healing. His name means “It is God who heals.”
- Archangel Uriel’s name means “God is my light,” and who is usually seen as an angel of repentance.
- Archangel Jophiel is the angel of justice, wisdom and understanding.
- Archangel Zadkiel is associated with freedom, benevolence and mercy.
- Archangel Cameal is associated with strength, courage and war.
The angels and fallen angels listed in the Book of Enoch
The leaders of the 200 Watchers and of all the others with them were: Semyaza, who was their leader, Urakiba, Ramiel, Kokabiel, Tamiel, Ramiel, Daniel, Ezeqiel, Baraqiel, Asael, Armaros, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsiel, Satael, Turiel, Yomiel, and Araziel. These leaders taught their hybrid families charms and spells, the cutting of roots and trees. This information was forbidden to be shared. Following are the leaders and the forbidden knowledge they passed on to their families:
- Azazel taught men to make swords, and daggers, and shields, and breastplates. And he showed them the things after these, and the art of making them; bracelets, and ornaments, and the art of making up the eyes, and of beautifying the eyelids, and the most precious stones, and all kinds of colored dyes.
- Semyaza used known spells to rule over those who are with him.
- Amezarak taught all those who cast spells and cut roots.
- Armaros taught the release of spells.
- Baraqiel taught astrologers.
- Kokabiel taught portents.
- Tamiel taught astrology,
- Asradel taught the path of the Moon.
There is much more to the nature of angles to include in an article such as this. In the sources section, there are references that you can follow up with and that will lead you to other sources. I hope this series has been helpful for you.
- Bible Gateway. https://www.biblegateway.com/
- Elwell, Walter A. “Entry for ‘Angel.” (1997). Evangelical Dictionary of Theology.