Here are some psychology hacks that can make your life easier
- Stay calm when someone raises their voice to you. Make a concerted effort to remain calm. A loudmouth usually acts out in anger, and our actions can sometimes unintentionally provoke that. Anger usually fades quickly, guilt sets in, and this person is usually thee first to ask for forgiveness.
- When you are stressed or anxious, write down your thoughts. We all experience some level of mental stress or anxiety at some point in our lives. Close your journal after writing down your throughs. You will be able to focus on your work more easily now that you have shared your thoughts with someone. When you share them, you will feel a weight lifted off your shoulders.
- If you want to be popular, remember everyone’s names. Make it a habit to address people by their first names when speaking with them if you want to be popular among your peers and colleagues. When you call someone by their first name, they feel instantly special.
- Avoid being attached by sitting close to the aggressor. If you’re sitting next to an aggressive person in a meeting, or if you’re going to be subjected to negative criticism, make a point of sitting beside them. Close proximity if known to make people feel uneasy, which reduces the levels of aggression they intend to display. You may feel uneasy and awkward, but you will not be alone.
- When you can’t decide, give yourself fewer options. Some people believe that having more options and information is better, and they actually prefer it. However, having too many can be paralysing. To be an effective decision maker, limit yourself to only a few options at a time. This will give you enough time to think about each one while also allowing you to look at a new set of options.
- Right posture can boost confidence. This psychological trick works for both work and pleasure. It can significantly improve your dating life and help you advance in your career. You may wonder how you can gain confidence. The best way to accomplish this is to improve your posture. You will feel more confident if you allow yourself to take up some space. This is known as power language.
- When you ask for help, make people feel needed. Begin by saying, “I need your help….” if you need someone’s assistance. People like to feel needed, and they despise feeling guilty. By beginning the conversation with that phrase, you increase your chances of receiving the assistance you require.
Support The Blog