Here is a list of few super-simple things that can help balance your mind, body, and spirit. Slowly start incorporating them into your daily routine and see how they positively affect your overall health:
- Find an exercise you enjoy, and start doing it regularly.
- Research shows that exercise boosts mood by pumping oxygen into the brain ans releasing feel-good endorphins.
- Stop to think about the things you have going for you and appreciate them.
- You can either make a mental list of the things you’re grateful for first thing in the morning or right before bed, or write them down in a gratitude journal.
Get plenty of sleep
- Sleep is regenerative for your body. The more sleep you get, the better you will perform the next day.
- Sleep is essential to every process in the body, affecting our physical and mental functioning, our ability to fight disease and develop immunity.
- Get in the habit of taking deep breaths throughout the day and consider establishing a steady breath work practice.
- Breath work has been associated with many benefits, such as stress relief, lower blood pressure, and sharper focus.
Spend more time with loved ones
- In our busy lives, we need to make time for the people who matter most to us.
- Make a point every day to check in with at least one friend or family member just to see how they are doing.
Eat plenty of greens
- Dark, leafy greens are rich in vitamins and minerals. Start every morning with a healthy green smoothie, and feel your body thank you for it.
- Smiling not only offers a mood boost but helps our bodies release cortisol and endorphins that provide numerous health benefits.
- It feels great, and some research even shows that “faking” a smile can make us feel happier in the moment.
How do you balance your mind, body and soul everyday?