”Somebody once told me the definition of hell: On your last day on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” — Anonymous
Sometimes, to become successful, and get closer to the person we can become, we don’t need to add more things, we need to give up on some of them. Here are a few things that you should give up to get your life back on track :
Give up sticking to the person you used to be
- Step outside of the person you have been.
- Remember who you want to be and what you are capable of.
- If you have to come out of your comfort zone, happily do so for the person you want to be.
Give up thinking that other’s life is much easier
- Nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
- Everyone around you face their struggles, and it is as hard as it is for you.
- Always, you have to think, “grass looks greener on the other side”.
Give up wanting to be where other’s are in life
- Stop comparing where you are at with where everybody else is.
- It doesn’t take you forward. It pulls you down.
- You are unique, so are your goals, dreams and journey.
- Trust that you are in the right place at the right time.
Give up letting the judgement of other’s control you
- Others don’t know your story, what you have been through.
- What you think about yourself matters.
- Think about yourself. Do what is right for you. Not what other think you should be doing.
Give up regretting and holding on to your past
- When you hold on to your past, you miss the beauty of the present and what you have today.
- Thank the things that didn’t work out because they just made room for the things that will.
Give up believing you aren’t strong enough to move forward
- It’s always possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems.
- Remember, everything is going to be ok. Have the courage take one more step.
- You would be glad you didn’t it.
- Never underestimate yourself.
So what will you give up?