We set ourselves up for disappointment when we place expectations on others. When we stop expecting others to be someone they aren’t, we find more peace and contentment. Even if we believe they should “be a certain way,” it’s best to let go of our expectations.
Here are few things you can’t expect from anyone :
- Don’t expect people to read your mind; it’s your job to communicate your feelings.
- Don’t always expect the worst possible outcomes. Things working out is a possibility too.
- Don’t expect new results from old, repeated behaviours of other people.
- Your thoughts may lie, don’t believe everything that crosses your mind.
- Don’t be hard on yourself; you need to love yourself more than anything.
What would you like to add to the list?