If you feel like you might have OCD, good news: it can be effectively treated and managed. The gold standard treatment for OCD is ERP therapy (exposure and response prevention) which helps you break the obsession – compulsion cycle.
What does OCD recovery looks like? Here are some common signs of recovery.
- Being able to tolerate anxiety without performing compulsions.
- Uncertainty feel less scary.
- Resisting the urge to perform compulsions (or at least delaying them).
- Noticing when something is a compulsion.
- Letting intrusive thoughts come and go without fixating on them.
- Responding to scary thoughts with “maybe” instead of arguing with your own thoughts.
What else would you add?