Modern dating is a dangerous endeavor. There are so many rules and games to learn that it’s easy to get lost. You may be “left on read” by someone you care about, and your mind may spin out of control as you over-analyze what their last few messages really meant.
When you find someone, your problems do not necessarily end. With Tinder at your fingertips, it’s tempting to return and see if there’s someone out there who is just a little bit more perfect. How are you supposed to know if someone is right for you when there are so many options? When should you stop second-guessing yourself and make a decision?
Here are few ways to tell if someone is right for you.
- Hanging out with the person makes you feel calm and at ease afterwards.
- You are able to use your normal voice around them without altering it to a pitch that appear to sound friendly. You don’t have to “act” like yourself around them, you can just BE yourself.
- When talking about your dreams, they don’t try to hold you back and keep you all for themselves, instead they push you to go follow your dream even if that means less time with them.
- If you make a mistake, which we all do, they aren’t consistently bringing it up during times of disagreement. They ease your worries and help you free yourself from mistakes.
- Often we layer ourselves up with a thick coat of ego to seem like a better person. With a person that is good for you, you don’t have to worry about impressing them and can put your guard down.
- The world is crazy enough, this person help bring pace even during dark and uncertain times.
- They have the same amount, maybe even more, care for you during the bad times as they do during the good times.
Share with someone who is good for you! Tell them why and thank them for being them.