You believe your life is coming to an end, but you know it isn’t. You, like everyone else, there is a drama queen inside of you. Your inner drama queen enjoys crumbling under pressure. It’s constantly on the lookout for something to freak out about or an excuse to give up. Your success has always hinged on maintaining a cool head. The problem is that your inner drama queen has finally gotten what she wanted: a global disaster with plenty of reasons to quit. To get through this, you must turn her off.
That said, here are a few things I tell myself when I’m at my worst. Perhaps they will assist you at the appropriate time as well.
- Its okay to slow down.
- You’re not making it up or faking it. If it hurts, it hurts.
- Your past does not define you.
- You are not a bad person for prioritising your needs.
- It was not your fault. You did the best you could with what you knew at that time.
- It’s okay to be where you are. You are doing enough.
- We’ll be okay.
This post is all about those things that we wish someone told us when we are down. What else would you add? Whom would you like to share this with today?