If you’re having a bad day, pick a tip you’ve never tried before and give it a shot. If you want to pay more attention to your mental health, you can incorporate a new ritual into your daily routine. You can even print this list and keep it in your self-care toolkit—keep it somewhere easy to find so you can use it with as little effort as possible, especially when you’re feeling down.
- If it still bothers you after 24 hours, speak up within 48 hours.
- Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for taking care of.
- A bad day doesn’t mean a bad life.
- The critical judge in your head does not tell you the truth, and it does not have your best interest at heart.
- Your brain can’t be grateful and anxious at the same time. When anxiety takes hold, look for gratitude.
- Stop apologising for expressing your feelings. You’re convincing yourself that you are not worth the space you take up.
Do you have any mental health tip to add?