Oils for your Heart Chakra
Treat hyperactivity or stimulate blockages and low reserves of energy in the Heart Chakra with these simple techniques.
Case of Hypochondria
- When the Heart Chakra is blocked or under active it can result in a breakdown between the body and mind. Communication ceases between your physical and mental selves. When this happens, you may develop a tendency to think the the slightest little thing indicates a major health problem.
- Balancing your Heart Chakra helps to restore the lines of communication between your body and mind, and reassures you that you are not suffering from every ailment under the Sun. It also improves your general well being by reducing the associated anxiety.
- A relaxing scented bath helps ease tension and restores the balance with your body. For when you are in a hurry, apply a blend of beneficial oils to your pulse points or use a vaporiser.
- Energise and warm an under active or blocked Heart Chakra with a soothing and aromatic bath in the morning.
- There are a number of things that can trigger an asthma attack, but suing oil blends as part of your routine can help minimise its effects. Asthma sufferers should avoid using steam inhalation and saunas, as these method may provoke an attack.
- Applying a blend to the pulse points and base of the beck is a good way to treat asthma. Bathing in a hot, rather than steamy, bath is also very good, as is dry inhalation – adding a few drops of the blend to a handkerchief.
- Choosing the appropriate oils for the Heart Chakra, smear a blend around the base of your neck.
Curb Your Impulses
- An over-stimulated Heart Chakra can lead to impulsive behaviour. This might Manifest as spontaneous buying, or doing things which you later regret. If you know you are prone to impulsiveness, it is worth making a blend to antidote the Heart Chakra and calm it down, this might save you a lot of money and trouble.
- As you never know when you might be impulsive, invest in a small bottle of the blend or an atomiser to carry around with you. This way, you will always be prepared, and can give yourself the time and space needed to reconsider your impulses.
- Save yourself from impetuous action by using scent to treat the Heart Chakra.
Heart Chakra Recipes
Choose from a variety of blends to balance the Heart Chakra’s energies.
- Hypochondria Bath Mix – 5 drops clary sage, 3 drops rosemary, 3 drops sweet thyme. Add rose oils to the bath as it finishes running.
- Pulse Point Blend – 5 drops clary sage, 5 drops melissa, 10 drops lavender, 70ml of grapeseed oil. Use a cotton wool bud to apply.
Asthma Bath Mix
- 5 drops melissa, 3 drops marjoram, 8 drops lavender.
- Add this blend to the bath as it finishes running.
An Impulse Blend
- 5 drops ylang ylang, 5 drops rose, 10 drops geranium.
- Add a dark glass bottle filled half full of water. Alternatively, use 70ml of almond oil as a base.
Use floral essence to antidote your centre of balance.