Being an Empath or labeling yourself as an Empathic will not give you some sort of special magical powers. I strongly believe that any power an individual possesses is always within them. While empaths who choose to learn more about their abilities have indeed benefited greatly from the practical, life changing steps outlined in this intuitive empath toolkit, not all intuitive empaths will have the same experience.
Knowing what I am has helped so much, especially when it comes to supporting myself through experiences that otherwise might overload my hypersensitive senses. Here, for you, are my top survival strategies for an empath :
- Know Yourself – Know you. Awareness and acknowledgment. Listen to your gut. Address your needs. It is easy to become a sponge sucking up everyone’s emotions and losing your own. Know when you are overwhelmed. Know when to set boundaries. Know when you need time to decompress and sort through the web of emotions you are tangled in.
- Support System – Support system. Have people you can turn to. That you can talk to. Those people who will listen to you. Those people who will jump in the hole with you and just be. Don’t discount your pets, if you have them. Dogs, cats and horses can be incredible healing allies.
- Boundaries – Being an empath doesn’t mean you have to hold someone else’s emotions. It just means you are aware. You can bring their attention to what you are feeling. But you don’t have to hold it, because it’s not yours to hold. It’s theirs. So, give it back. Taking it on does no good for you or them.
- Crystals – Rose Quartz is the crystal of unconditional love. Carry this stone in your pocket to remind that you are unconditionally loved. As well as, that to love others you don’t have to take on their stuff. Black Tourmaline is a protective crystal. Carry this crystal to give you an added buffer between you and the world.
- Bubble of Light – Before you venture our of your house, or room. Before you deal with the world. Surround yourself in a bubble of light, any colour, just not black. Throw in some glitter, because glitter is reflective and negativity can bounce off of your glitter.
- Salt Bath – Salt bath with aromatherapy and herbs. Epson salt or Himalayan salt is very cleansing. After a long hard day, take a bath with either salt. Set the intention that the salt water is taking away all that has stuck to you, consciously or unconsciously. You can also add lemon or lime juice or essential oils, both are also very cleansing and clearing. You can also add fresh lemon grass or lemon balm which are very clearing don’t have fresh herbs add the oils).
- The Zapper – Start with the coloured light above. Now imagine that you are inside a big zapper, only this bug zapper zaps away negativity and all that does not serve your highest good.
- Release and Refill – Get comfortable, either sitting or lying down. Set the intention, out loud, that you are. Releasing and letting go all that no longer serves you consciously or unconsciously for your highest spiritual good. Allow it to drain away, going into the earth to be recycles. Once you feel that you have released everything. Let the Earth’s energy spiral up from the Earth and fill you. Let cosmic energy spiral from the sky through your crown and fill you. As you fill yourself, say, “I love me!” and “I love you!” Set the intention that you are filling you with you.