The white kinder bean is also known as a Cannelini Bean. The bean made up the staple diet of civilisations that inhabited Mesoamerica and the Andes in ancient times. It’s thought that beans alone enabled them to flourish as a society.
The White kidney bean is extracted from the Phaseolus Vulgaris. The White kidney bean is also rich in dietary fibre, as well as nutrients Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Iron, Potassium, Chromium, Selenium, Folate and many more.
Here are some health benefits :
- It is also known as “meat of the poor” due to its high levels of protein. White Kidney Bean is one of the richest sources of Chromium which is responsible for blood glucose management and appetite control.
- A related study found that a high fibre diets reduced the risk of colorectal tumours by up to 35%. According to research White Kidney Beans have the highest composition of fibre over any other from of legume and bean.
- There are some claims that it will help you lose weight. This is linked to satiety and its ability to black carbohydrate absorption.
- It can improve heart health. High fibre foods in particular are linked to a reduction in “bad” LDL cholesterol and high blood pressure, symptoms that lead to heart disease. A study into high fibre found that those on a. high fibre diet had a 12% reduction in risk of coronary heart disease.
- While kidney beans are known to regulate blood glucose, thus can be very beneficial to Diabetics. The white kidney controls blood glucose levels and prevents it peaking to dropping too much. Blood glucose is an indicator of biological hunger in the brain. Maintaining blood glucose can jeep a person satiated, and helps some those extra pounds.
- Due to its high level of soluble fibre the white kidney bean has been found to improve bowel efficient and regularity. Further more, some studies have show ti has been lined to a reduction in colorectal cancer.