Tips for Relieving Anxiety

on

And a little anxiety can actually be useful. Feeling nervous can get the adrenalin pumping and make you more alert. But it’s when short-term anxiety becomes a more long-term condition that problems start. Chronic anxiety can be crippling and may lead to an inability to concentrate, constant nausea, palpitations and insomnia. It can also cause other conditions such as depression and even agoraphobia. The important thing to remember about controlling anxiety is quickly conquering it before it gets out of hand – which means managing stress.

Here are some tips of relieving anxiety :

• Take a deep breath. Inhale slowly to a count of 4, hold it to a count of 4, and slowly exhale to a count of 4. Repeat several times.
  • Find a reason to smile/laugh/feel grateful. For example, if you are stressed by your job, practice gratitude for having a job.
  • Accept the fact that you are feeling anxious. Feel in your body where you are feeling anxious and focus your attention on that area without fighting or trying to eliminate it.
  • Question your anxious logic. Ask and articulate to yourself what you are most anxious about and calmly assess the best course of action to take.
  • If possible, talk out your anxiety with a friend or loved one to release your inner tension.
  • Take immediate positive action instead of sitting idly so that your mind focuses on a goal oriented task instead of general anxiety.
  • Keep a food diary. Certain foods in your diet may be exacerbating your anxiety episodes.
  • Drink chamomile tea, which contains some compounds that bind to your brain receptors in the same way as valium.
  • Use calming visualisation exercises.
  • Try taking natural supplements known for reducing anxiety, like fish oil, lemon balm, bitter herb hops and valerian.
  • Exercise for at least 20 minutes, which is how long it takes for the anxiety reducing effects of physical activity to kick in.
  • For severe and chronic cases of anxiety, consult a medical or mental health professional.

Reference : https://img.wonderhowto.com/img/87/35/63559283145170/0/deal-with-anxiety.w1456.jpg

1. mphtheatregirl says:

Had to learn how to manage stress once high school started, but was more important to university.

There is a reason why I went to The Gathering basically every week. Some Tuesdays, we actually spent time with dogs- went to that. There is a reason why I took a break from studying once in a while and did student activity events- to deal with stress.

From what I learned to high school: papers were easier. Meaning I was given that incredible tip of “write, don’t think about it”: I started papers due in the future early so that way I would have time to go to the writing center. Starting early is easier to handle than procrastinating.

Finals- well, here is how studying worked: the first exam would begin studying first while slowly putting in the other classes (in particular, the hardest classes). There is a reason why after the final exam (as in the last): I went to WOW for a treat: Chicken Tenders and a milkshake.

We all find our ways to cope with stress, sometimes in a bad way, sometimes in a good way.

Thank you for the reblog. Anxiety is quite prevalent these days. Shallow, fast breathing is common with anxiety. It may lead to a fast heart rate, dizziness or lightheadedness, or even a panic attack. Deep breathing exercises — the deliberate process of taking slow, even, deep breaths — can help restore normal breathing patterns and reduce anxiety.

2. ChloBrianne says:

This is a great post and read. There are always going to be demons, and feeling a tonne of anxiety is definitely one of them, but we’ve got to try and turn the negatives into positives…as hard as that may be at the moment.

Yes negative thoughts have to be pushed out. One tactic that successfully positive people have is to ignore and reject negative thoughts that enter the mind. It takes about 30 seconds of dwelling on a thought for it to enter our deeper consciousness. You can train your brain to reject these thoughts, stopping them before they can take hold. Release those thoughts from your mind and do not allow them back in. This is something that can be practiced and improved on over time. Some people find that meditation practices can improve the control you have over your thoughts by sharpening the mind.

3. Thank you for this tip. I would keep it in mind. Anxiety attack is a very frightening thing and should not be taken for granted

Ignoring your anxiety. There is a widely held belief that anxiety is only real if you acknowledge its existence. However, this is a potentially damaging perspective, because it can lead to self-medicating and other unhealthy behaviors.

4. Big Happy Life says:

This is a great post and was much needed today. I do most of the things on the list already but still find myself going down the rabbit hole sometimes. I didn’t know about Camomile tea so will give that go next time and totally agree on the food diary thing. Almost all mental health roads seem to lead back to the gut but I still resist making all the necessary changes to completely eliminate the possible problems. Do you use a particular food diary format that you’d recommend?

I am glad you asked that question. Make a list of Bad foods for Anxiety and Good foods for anxiety you ate that day.
      Some Example of Bad Foods For Anxiety : Alcohol, caffeine, fermented foods, sugary foods and non-dairy creamers.
      Some Example of Good Foods For Anxiety : Salmon, chamomile, turmeric, dark chocolate, yogurt, green tea.

1. Big Happy Life says:

Thanks! Yeah, still quite a few of the bad foods in my diet so definitely worth seeing how I get on without those. Getting rid of alcohol made a big difference. Think sugar and caffeine need to make their exit too.

Good luck

5. Anxiety anxiety anxiety everywhere nowadays. Almost everyone is facing anxiety issues.
    Many people will tell what anxiety is. But how to cope up with it is important. You shared that. Nice one.

Yes. I am glad you agree with the post.

6. Great post Garima,can I reblog it.

Sure Prakash

7. Great post ever been a year suffering to anxiety disorder and I’m still struggling thank you so much for sharing… ❤️🙏

I am glad you found my article Thobile. Part of the process of letting go of anxiety is acknowledging and accepting that there are certain things that we just cannot control. Rather than wasting energy worrying about what you can’t control, focus on what you can do instead.

1. Thank you so much I will definitely try my best so please can I send you email because I think you can help me.

Sure Thobile. Send me your email here and I will revert to you 🙂