Essential Oils for Hair Growth
Essential oils are extracted from plants through methods like distillation or evaporation. While essential oils are most famous for their aromatic capabilities, they also contain strong chemical properties that can be beneficial for health. Essential oils have long been used in alternative, Eastern, and homeopathic medicines thanks to their effectiveness and low risk of side effects.One benefit some essential oils have is improving hair health. Different oils can do everything from helping hair grow to adding strength and shine.
Here are few essential oils for hair growth :
- Thyme – The active ingredient in thyme oil is thymol. This is a powerful antiseptic and bactericide and inhibits enzyme activity in the hair folic to encourage hair growth.
- Lavender – Lavender and Rosemary is an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial combination for reviving damaged hair. Also recommended for reducing stress which can contribute to hair loss.
- Rosemary – Rosmarinus officinalis et verbenone is widely used in shampoos and hair tonics for its reputation for encouraging new hair growth by stimulating circulation.
- Pumpkin Seed – Test were carried our using pumpkin seed oil on 76 male patients. The results showed that the group using Pumpkin seed oil had more hair after treatment with hair count mean increase of 40% over the 24 week study.
- Cedarwood – Cedarwood helps maintain a balanced scalp condition. Of use for dandruff and hair loss it helps stimulate circulation of hair follicles to improve growth. It is also of value in treating alopecia cause by a bacterial infection.
- Argan Oil – Combine these essential oils with a carrier oil before use. Most popular choice is carrier oils are those high in Vitamin E and Omega fatty acids that repair the hair shaft as well as cleansing the scalp, hair follicle.
- Saw Palmetto – Saw Palmetto is used to treat hair loss and helps reduce the DHT hormone levels in the body that can cause the hair loss.
- He Shou Wu – Fo ti Tiếng/He shou wu has been consumed as tea or in herbal medications to help increase hair growth and reduce hair loss.
- Ginseng – This Chinese herbal medicine is said to rejuvenate the scalp, increase blood flow, and help regrow hair.