Making Aromatherapy Moisturisers Part 2
Choosing your carrier product
When making your own aromatherapy beauty products, take the time to decide which case product will best suit your skin type.
- Double Cream – This dairy product makes a fabulous natural alternative to cosmetic creams.
- Yellow Beeswax – Beeswax provides a thicker, more viscous base for your essential oils. It also has many healing properties of its own. You should be aware that beeswax may not be suitable for some sufferers of eczema, however.
- Carrier Oil – You can buy carrier oils from herbalist. You can choose the oil depending upon your skin type.
- Natural Cosmetic Bases – You can buy these bases from many natural cosmetics retailers, health shops and herbalists. They are generally colourless and unscented, ready for you to add your chosen essential oils.
- Commercial Cosmetics – You can even add a few drops of essential oils to any existing body lotion or moisturiser that you have. Dilute at a rate of 5 drops of oil per 50ml of lotion or cream.
A few drops of essential oils can also be added to enhance your regular shop bought products. You can make an aromatherapy hand cream to soothe the over used skin on this part of the body.