You always get touched by the stories of great spiritual teachers leaving this Earthly plane feeling blissful and fearless. They banished all doubt, extricated all fear, and met infinity head on with grace. Here are the final words of a few of the people :
- The hour I have long wished for is now come. ~ Teresa of Avila
- Let us be kinder to one another. ~ Aldous Huxley
- If this is death, it is easier than life. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- This is the last of earth! I am content. ~ John Quincy Adams
- I shall hear in heaven. ~ Ludwig van Beethoven
- Light, light, the world needs more light. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- I am going to that country which I have all my life wished to see. ~ William Blake
- It is very beautiful over there. ~ Thomas Edison
- Ram, Ram, Ram (God, God, God). ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Write your own final words now and make your transition to being an infinite being while you still occupy your body? As you consider your appointment with infinity, look at how most of us live our lives. We know we’re in a body that’s going to die, but we behave as if it’s not going to happen to us. This viewpoint is from the inactive side of infinity where we don’t see our connection to intention and our ability to stay in harmony with our creative Spirit. The essential difference between keeping your appointment with infinity now, or at your death. In one case, you are on the active side of infinity, and in the other, you’ll avoid it by being on the inactive side.
Reference : The Power of Intention. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.