Most of us struggle with anger. When we are angry, we often cause hurt, tension and conflict. We end up regretting what we said or did, and the people we hurt the most are our near and dear ones. In such cases our anger is unregulated and reactive. This happens because we don’t understand the true nature and purpose of anger, and also because we do not have the means to master this volatile emotion, so it becomes destructive. Once we understand our patterns better, it can become a good friend.
In this series of post we will look at some expressions and actions of anger :
- Physically or verbally attacking.
- Making aggressive or threatening gestures.
- Pounding, throwing things, breaking things.
- Walking heavily, stomping, slamming doors.
- Walking our.
- Using a loud, quarrelsome, or sarcastic voice.
- Criticising or complaining.
- Clenching your hands or fists.
- Frowning, not smiling, mean expression.
- Brooding or withdrawing from others.
- A red or flushed face.
Healthy boundaries make you less vulnerable > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/01/24/setting-healthy-limits/
Let’s also look at some after effects of anger :
- Narrowing of attention.
- Attending only to the situation that’s making you angry.
- Ruminating about the situation making your angry or about situations in the past.
- Imagining future situations that will make you angry.
- Depersonalisation, dissociative experiences, numbness.
Hope you liked these series of the emotion > anger.