Understanding Anger Part 3

Most of us struggle with anger. When we are angry, we often cause hurt, tension and conflict. We end up regretting what we said or did, and the people we hurt the most are our near and dear ones. In such cases our anger is unregulated and reactive. This happens because we don’t understand the true nature and purpose of anger, and also because we do not have the means to master this volatile emotion, so it becomes destructive. Once we understand our patterns better, it can become a good friend.

In this series of post we will look at some expressions and actions of anger :

• Physically or verbally attacking.
  • Making aggressive or threatening gestures.
  • Pounding, throwing things, breaking things.
  • Walking heavily, stomping, slamming doors.
  • Walking our.
  • Using a loud, quarrelsome, or sarcastic voice.
  • Criticising or complaining.
  • Clenching your hands or fists.
  • Frowning, not smiling, mean expression.
  • Brooding or withdrawing from others.
  • Crying.
  • Grinning.
  • A red or flushed face.

Healthy boundaries make you less vulnerable > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/01/24/setting-healthy-limits/

Let’s also look at some after effects of anger :

• Narrowing of attention.
  • Attending only to the situation that’s making you angry.
  • Ruminating about the situation making your angry or about situations in the past.
  • Imagining future situations that will make you angry.
  • Depersonalisation, dissociative experiences, numbness.

Hope you liked these series of the emotion > anger.

Reference : https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/2f/18/872f18d0eccff1e97fb557eb222eb3eb.jpg

1. the greatvincent says:

What should one do?anger is part of our genes infact it is there in our DNA

Recognize when you are feeling angry, and try to determine the cause. Is the cause something you can change or control, or is it out of your hands? Further, is your anger being caused by someone who you will never see again, such as a grocery clerk or a server at a restaurant? Or is a family member or friend making you angry?

This is important to recognize because anger that you feel when dealing with people who are close to you involves an ongoing interaction. To handle these situations, the best strategies to implement are escaping the situation, relaxing, restructuring your thoughts, or expressing your anger directly in a calm and appropriate tone.

2. Ryn says:

Whoa I know quite a lot of that but it is still interesting

Some ways to start reversing these feelings are becoming aware of your anger, preparing yourself to react differently in the future, taking action by seeking help to manage your emotions, and then maintaining your new mindset.

There is a lot of learning and self-exploration involved in letting go of anger. Doing this is an ongoing task that requires discipline and a change in perspective. This is a process that is not easy, and it often requires significant outside support.

1. Ryn says:

Wow that’s really interesting

3. iamvhardik says:

It is a very accurate description of what goes on in the mind when a person is angry. The causes of anger are many but the reactions are limited as you put it out.
    I believe a large part of our anger is due to our insecurities and failure to accept failure and rejection.

Yes Hardik. Memories can trigger anger, assumptions, and interpretations of a situation that can make people think someone is out to hurt them. These distorted thinking patterns can jeopardize any relationship you have and lead you to suffer from undue stress. While anger is a natural emotion to have and something that everyone experiences, it often comes in the form of an unwanted and irrational feeling.

1. iamvhardik says:

I agree with that. An event from the past is projected onto the current situation and our imagination goes into overdrive creating scenarios that are wild and disruptive and harm the present.

4. etiennevcr says:

One can’t avoid reaching any kind of levels of anger throughout life. What we can do is to eternally work and learn about being aware of when you reach anger. Then what to do with it. But most times it’s better to just not do anything. Not saying to let it remain inside you waiting to burst. More like find ways to distract it, because it’s honestly not worth giving it too much attention.

To begin the process of letting go of your anger, it’s important to understand why you’ve become angry in the first place. Anger is a second-hand emotion (or substitute emotion) we use to avoid a primary emotion such as fear, vulnerability, or pain.

There are many reasons we may experience pain, such as experiencing physical or emotional abuse from a partner or parent. It’s not the experience alone that has made you angry—your thought process has also contributed.

1. etiennevcr says:

Of course. I agree. There’s layer to anger. It mostly never is black and white reasoning behind it. Theres always a stew.

5. It is hared to control my anger- I tend to get impulsive a lot. For most times, usually between my sister and I (no thinking before acting or talking). I have to confess I have a hard time knowing how loud my voice is

We all have been there girl. The key is to be aware of your triggers and then work towards avoiding them. Create safe space around you.

1. There is one trigger I can’t ignore- epilepsy is in some ways one of them. You can’t ignore a medical condition you have

Yes true. It’s a slow process to make peace with it

3. I still don’t accept my epilepsy- it is hard to be in control now. I want to take up knitting again, which used to be one of my destressers

My sister is a major trigger leading to not treating her well- saying things I shouldn’t have said, some physical things have happened.

She pushes my buttons a lot, and it is really annoying.

Haha all siblings are like that I guess

5. I do want a better relationship with her

Slow small steps everyday?

7. Well, not that easy. My sister doesn’t us to be exactly alike, which I know that we are different

1. Always happy to read and share great posts with followers, My Dear! Hope you have a great weekend!
        xoxox 😘💕🌹✨