Opioids Can Be Dangerous

Opioids and pain pills can be dangerous. Opioid misuse takes lives. Opioids are a group of powerful medications that relieve pain; however, opioids can be dangerous if they are not used correctly. Nearly 80% of heroin users reported misusing prescription opioids prior to heroin. 116 a day die from opioid-related drug overdoses.

Pain all the time? Consider the best ways to manage it. If you live in pain and take pain medicine, you could become dependent on opioids, pain pills, or other methods of pain management without even realizing it.

What are opioids?
Opioids, often prescribed for pain, include:
– Fentanyl, a powerful aesthetic, used to manage pain.
– Prescription pain relievers, such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, morphine and others.

They also include illegal drugs, like:
– Heroin, an opioid drug made from morphine

The truth about chronic pain
– Some 25.3 million American adults suffer from daily pain.
– It’s pain that lasts longer than three to six months.
– In many cases, pain continues even after the injury or condition that first caused it has healed.
– The cause of chronic pain is not always clear; in some cases, it may never be explained.
– While the main symptom is pain, pain can affect the body in different ways. Different people experience chronic pain in different ways.

Come back tomorrow to learn how to manage pain without opioids.

Reference : https://file.anthem.com/106486ANMENABS.pdf

1. Sadly, this week been in a lot of pain (in a lot of places in the body). Actually can barley function

Take cafe !!!

1. I have coffee almost every morning

Lol sorry I meant Take Care!! Apologies

3. I have made the same mistake before- saying the wrong thing

Haha we are only human

2. henhouselady says:

I have arthritis. It is attacking all my joints. I had a knee replacement recently and have to be careful with the pain meds.

In addition to relieving pain, opiates can lead to feelings of euphoria. While these drugs are often very effective in treating pain, people can eventually develop a tolerance, so they require higher doses to achieve the same effects.

3. Belladonna says:

This is so scary and I refuse to take them. I had surgery a month ago and the pain was severe. I was so scared to take them. Scared is a understatement

I am sorry you are in pain but you made the right choice. Opioids can also make people feel very relaxed and “high” – which is why they are sometimes used for non-medical reasons. This can be dangerous because opioids can be highly addictive, and overdoses and death are common. Hope you are feeling better.

1. Belladonna says:

My doctor was shocked when I told him I took a few asprin for the pain. He was pleased and looked at me like I was alien.LOL
        But my fear was stronger than the pain.
        Thank you, I am back to myself now. I am feeling beyond blessed!

Great to know Bella. Take Care. Sending you lots of healing vibes. Thank you again for sharing.

4. Syd Weedon says:

There really isn’t a “can be” about it. They are dangerous and must be taken with great care. Some simply must take them and we should never shame someone who has to take them, but where there are options to opioids, those options should be explored. The doctors used to give them out like candy.

Absolutely, I mentioned “can be” because I don’t want Pharma companies to sue me 😛
      Jokes apart, it is indeed a serious issue. Opioid medications are dangerous. At lower doses, opioids may make you feel sleepy, but higher doses can slow your breathing and heart rate, which can lead to death. And the feelings of pleasure that result from taking an opioid can make you want to continue experiencing those feelings, which may lead to addiction.

5. DiosRaw says:

The increase in pain in the populations of the world can be due to pesticides, stress, modern living, prescription drugs, depression etc..♥️

Yes those are some of the important factors too. Thank you for sharing them Amber, the ever knowledgable 🙂

1. DiosRaw says:

Haha, I know nothing, a little of nothing, perceptives.. hehe. ♥️

Haha you are modest.