Daily Dose for the Mind

A very modern dilemma: There are countless television channels but nothing interesting to watch.
Too many choices make people unhappy. Are you feeling confused or conflicted? Allow yourself a good night’s sleep. When you wake up the next day, the problem will seem lighter. It works, truly.

If you would like to sleep more peacefully, as you lay your head on your pillow, think of the people whom you are grateful to, or the times you helped others and felt good about yourself. It will warm your heart, gifting you with more peaceful sleep. With love in our hearts, we find even the most mundane things sacred and beautiful. With love in our hearts, we become kinder and gentler, even to complete strangers. Without love in our hearts, we find the world meaningless and random. Without love in our hearts, we become strangers even to our family and friends.

Excerpt From: Haemin Sunim. “The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down: How to Be Calm and Mindful in a Fast-Paced World”.

1. Zainab says:

I love this, yes I always try and think of who I’m grateful for!!

When we express gratitude and receive the same, our brain releases dopamine and serotonin, the two crucial neurotransmitters responsible for our emotions, and they make us feel ‘good’. They enhance our mood immediately, making us feel happy from the inside.

Glad you liked the post. Simple things make a lot of difference.

2. Very true sleeping does make everything better

It does. It does.

3. Thank you. I will add that to my tips for getting a good nights sleep.😎

Glad you liked the post. Write down anything you need to remember. I keep a small notepad in my nightstand and before I go to bed, if there’s something swirling in my mind, I try to write it down. It might be a reminder to order new sneakers for my daughter or call my mom in the morning — anything that can be moved from my mind to a piece of paper. When you write down your to-dos or reminders, you give your brain permission to stop thinking about them since now they’re somewhere and won’t be forgotten.

1. Yes, good advice. I also sometimes do what I call a’brain download’ i.e. I write down everything I am thinking of, todos, ideas, thoughts etc to help clear the mind.

Brain download is a good word. Thank you for coining that one 🙂

4. blogs 2 u says:

You have some awesome content! Cant wait to see what comes out next! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Much appreciate you feedback.

5. ArteDesArte says:

What a better way to be in peace than to think about all the good things you have in your life. And even better doing it when preparing to sleep.

You know that awesome feeling when you wake up well-rested, energized, and ready to tackle the day? It’s pretty great. So it’s worth putting a little effort in the night before to make your mornings better. Essentially what you’re doing with your gratitude practice is choosing what thoughts you want to be thinking. This is a really powerful idea and I read something recently that inspired me to think about it more. It’s a quote from Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat Pray, Love, in which she says that if you want to improve your life, you should choose your thoughts every day, like you choose your clothes. So true. When you practice gratitude, when you notice and appreciate the small good things and experiences and people that were part of your day, you’re choosing to focus on them and make it harder for your brain to think about negative things.

1. ArteDesArte says:

I found it natural that we think we will have a bad day, as soon something goes wrong. For instance, if we missed the bus in the morning, then from that moment we are predisposing our mind to accept bad situations as normal. We should always think good things can happen, and they will eventually

Great example. We have the ability to define in our lives while practising the act of letting go.

1. Always a joy and pleasure to read and share your posts with followers, My Dear! Have a great day!! xoxox 😘💕🎁🌹

💙💙

Glad you liked the post Veena.

6. Marta Frant says:

I can relate to that! That FOBO (a fear of a better option) describes our life in general. The other day I found myself there when I was searching for a new book to read and the number of options on the topic was mind-boggling!

Haha yes too many options is not a good option most times.