Life-Changing Rumi Quotes to Inspire You

Rumi was a 13th century Persian poet and scholar. His words and wisdom have transcended all boundaries and have stood the test of time. There is great beauty in his words, and it’s no surprise that he has influenced and inspired many artists over the years.

His quotes have the potential to change your life for the better by inviting more hope, love, and awakening. Here are few quotes that will open your heart and mind to the beauty that exists within you, changing the way you think.

• Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself.
  • The quieter you become the more you are able to hear.
  • The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore. Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
  • It’s your road, and yours alone, other may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
  • The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
  • Excuses are fabricated illusions we create to rationalise our behaviours when we’re too afraid to go after what we really want.
  • Inside you there’s an artist you don’t know about.
  • As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.
  • Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
  • The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.
  • Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.
  • When you let go of who you are, you become who you might be.

Which is your favourite Rumi quote?

1. One of my favorite poets thank you for posting this. The garden of the world has no limits but your mind. Buy I love all of his writings.

Most welcome. Beautiful quote.

2. Elaine says:

Thanks for sharing. They are all so brilliant but I have a penchant for: Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself.

Beautiful.

Indeed Rumi was woke person for this time.

3. One of my favourite Rumi quotes and there are many is
    “Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there.” This quote was reputed to be Princess Diana’s favourite and the words written on a card attached to some white lilies laid outside Buckingham Palace after she died. They were from the heart surgeon, Mr Hasnat Khan.

Beautiful lines. Thank you for reminding us of this quote today.

4. mywords2228 says:

Great post. My favorite is Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. But all the other ones are good too. Thanks for sharing!

One of my favourite quotes too. Thank you for reading my post and sharing your favourites.

5. Qonyike says:

Rumi is indeed one of my favorite poets. My favorite quote is “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”

Beautiful quote which one should visit often. The world will be a better place with each person healing the barriers within them.

1. Qonyike says:

Well said. I think you might just be my next Rumi

Haha 😆

6. I love these so much. I love the one about the wound being where the light is able to get in and walking the way, the way appears. I believe these two so completely. Thank you for sharing this.

Most welcome