Rumi was a 13th century Persian poet and scholar. His words and wisdom have transcended all boundaries and have stood the test of time. There is great beauty in his words, and it’s no surprise that he has influenced and inspired many artists over the years.
His quotes have the potential to change your life for the better by inviting more hope, love, and awakening. Here are few quotes that will open your heart and mind to the beauty that exists within you, changing the way you think.
- Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself.
- The quieter you become the more you are able to hear.
- The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore. Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.
- It’s your road, and yours alone, other may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
- The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
- Excuses are fabricated illusions we create to rationalise our behaviours when we’re too afraid to go after what we really want.
- Inside you there’s an artist you don’t know about.
- As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.
- Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
- The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.
- Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.
- When you let go of who you are, you become who you might be.
Which is your favourite Rumi quote?