Are you having trouble staying focused? Do you ever feel a little unfinished at the end of the day, as if you could’ve done more? This does not have to be the case. You can leave work feeling euphoric and satisfied with your accomplishments. It only takes a few productivity hacks to help you work more efficiently and, more importantly, to give you more free time every day.
- Pomodoro Technique – A method for staying focused and mentally fresh.
– Step 1 – Pick a task
– Step 2 – Set a 25-minute timer
– Step 3 – Work on your task until the time is up.
– Step 4 – Take a 5-minute break
– Step 5 – Every 4 Pomodoros, take a longer 15-30 minute break
- Prioritised To-Do list – I am a firm believer in To-Do lists. But they can quickly pile up and become a daunting mess. Put your most important task at the top of your list. Don’t move on until it is complete.
- The 5-minute Rule – For most of us, the hardest part of any task is starting it. Work on a task you’ve been avoiding for 5 minutes. If after 5 minutes you want to stop, Stop! (Most of the time you will keep going).
- Single Tasking – Studies show that the human brain is terrible at switching between tasks effectively. All that multitasking will do, is prevent you from ever reaching the flow state while your working.
- Eliminate Distractions – In 2022, distraction is the ultimate productivity killer. Everything is designed to steal your attention. Identify where your primary distractions come from. Make a conscious effort to remove them when working.
What would you at to the list?