A double chin appears when fat deposits accumulate in the platysma muscle area, causing the chin region to sag. Aging can also cause double chins, since the skin is no longer as tight as it used to be, thus causing what is colloquially called turkey neck. In either circumstances, the bands of the platysma muscle can become thick and cord-like, eventually causing these to tent the skin of the neck area and dangle between the jawbone and the collarbone. Whether the double chin is caused by aging or unnecessary neck fat, exercise may help reduce the amount of sag in the neck area.
Here are few exercise you can use to remove your double chin :
- The Kiss : While standing, tilt your head back and look towards the ceiling. Pucker your lips and kiss the ceiling. Hold the kiss for five seconds. Relax your lips and return your head to a neutral position. Repeat this 15 times.
- Stick it Out : While facing forward, open your mouth wide. Stick your tongue out slowly over a five count, until it is as far out as possible. Return the tongue to your mouth over another five count. Repeat this 10 times.
- Jaw Jut : Tilt your head back and look forward the ceiling. Push your lower jaw forward to feel a stretch under the chin. Hold the jaw jut for 10 counts. Relax your jaw and return your head to a neutral position. Repeat this 10 times.
- Neck Roll : While standing, drop your chin forward to your chest. Slowly return your head to the right. Hold your head for a five count. Slowly rotate your head back down so that your chin is to you chest. Continue to rotate your head o the left. Hold your head for a five count. Repeat this for 30 seconds.
- Tongue on Teeth : While keeping a straight back, open your mouth open as wide as possible. Place the tip of your tongue against the back side of your bottom row of teeth. Inhale through the mouth, and exhale while making an “ahh” sound. Continue this for one minute. Relax the mouth and tongue. Repeat this once more.
- Chin Slap : While facing forward, carefully slap your lower jaw with the bad of your hand, not too hard or too soft. Repeat this careful slapping at a constant and regular pace for 30 seconds.
For an unfortunate handful of people, the double chin can be a genetic condition that can only be corrected through surgery. For most others, Double Chin Exercise can help!