Making Your Shampoo
Make your own hair care products or customise existing ones to suit your hair type, and keep your locks looking healthy, shiny and conditioned.
Scalp Care – Massaging your scalp with oils can stimulate blood circulation and improve your hair’s condition, as well as relieve headaches and stress.
- Make up a massage blend according to the recipe for your hair condition from the list below.
- Massage the blend into your scalp throughly.
- Wrap your hair in a warm towel for at least one hour before rinsing out the blend thoroughly.
- Now wash as normal, applying the shampoo before the water to prevent your hair remaining dry.
Many conditions specific to the scalp and hair can be alleviated with the use of essential oils. Try one of the recipe blends given below :
- Prevent Dandruff – 50ml slightly warmed coconut oil, 5 drops lemongrass oil and 25 drops tea tree oil.
- Reduce Hair Loss – 50ml slightly warmed extra virgin olive oil, 10-12 drops rosemary oil.
- Treat Head Lice – 25ml water and 75ml vodka, 1tsp lavender oil, 1 tsp tea tree oil.
Comb this blend through with a fine toothed comb and repeat every three days until the condition clears up.