Aromatherapy on your Pulse Points
Learn how to apply essential oils to your pulse points, one of the most simple aromatherapy techniques, but also one of the most effective.
Using oils on the pulse points is an aromatherapy techniques that can be combined easily with acupressure and massage. Pulse points are the areas of the body at which the blood vessels are very close to the surface, allowing the pulse to be felt through the skin. The main pulse points are at the wrists, the back of the neck and the temples.
Fast and Effective – Applying oils to the pulse points gives faster absorption than most methods as the closer proximity of the oils to the bloodstream speeds up their effect. Body heat is also more intense at these points, leading to a faster evaporation of oils from the skin’s surface, which is why they are also the points at which perfume should be worn. Essential oils also work best by absorption through the skin, which is why using the oils on the pulse points works so well. Apply oils to your pulse point for intense, immediate results. You can also use pulse point oil to blitz acne and insect bites.
Best Oils for Pulse Points – As with most aromatherapy techniques, essential oils should be diluted before they are applied to the pulse points, as they may aggravate bare skin. Use 2 drops of essential oil in 15ml of a carrier oil. This diluted oil can then be safely applied to the skin. As a useful tip, try to use carrier oils that have fast penetrating properties for quicker absorption and effects.
- Lavender – Invaluable for headaches, relaxation and insomnia.
- Peppermint – A refreshing oil used for colds, jet lag, tiredness and to aid concentration.
- Eucalyptus – Used to treat colds, headaches, stuffy noses and as an insect repellent.
- Rosemary – Use for colds, to aid concentration and for tiredness.
- Chamomile – A soothing oil for aiding in relaxation and sleep problems.
- Ginger – Carry with you on long journeys to help dispel travel sickness and nausea.
- Neroli – Good for calming the nerves and for treating insomnia.