The most common thing to do with banana peels is to throw them in the trash. However, there are various miraculous uses for this frequently-overlooked product. The peels can be used in your kitchen as a cleaning product or in your beauty routine.
Here are a few unusual ways in which you can use Banana Peel :
- Whiten Your Teeth – For 2 minutes, rub the inside of a banana peel on the surface of your twit nightly before brushing your teeth. Repeat for up to 2 weeks or more for noticeable results.
- Remove Splinters – Tape or band-aid piece of banana peel (inner peel facing down) on spinner. Enzymes should help dislodge splinter from skins.
- Wart Removal – Run inner banana peel on wart for few seconds every night for 2 weeks or more until wart disappears.
- Relieve various skin irritations/minor injuries by rubbing inside of banana peel on affected area. Works for bug bites, poison ivy rash, bruises, minor scrapes, itchy/dry skin and acne.
- Polish up your silver, leather clothes and leather furniture. Rub inner banana peel on surface and buff with cloth. Make sure to test on small area first.
- Nightly facial beauty regimen – Rub inner banana peel on face at night. Rinse off with warm water the next morning.
- Aphid Deterrent – Garden plant infested with Aphids? Cut up small pieces of banana peel and bury them 1-2 inches in the soil around affected plant.
- Shine your houseplant leaves by rubbing banana peel on them.
- Place banana peel on top of your chicken before roasting to keep it moist and juicy.
- Feed your garden – Banana peels are great for composting. You can also dry banana peels. tear them up in a food processor and scatter them on top of soil as much.