Making Your Own Soaps – Part 2
Add your favourite aromatherapy oils to your cleansing products to help you feel pure and fresh at the beginning of every day.
As well as soaps, you cab make fragrant and effective aromatherapy gels to help your skin tone and soothe problems areas such as dry, flaky skin. You can make gels with essential oils for a variety of uses, such as for the shower, the bath and to heal and soothe sunburn and blisters.
- Soothing Bath Gel – 10 drops peppermint + 4 drops tea tree + 50ml aloe vera
- Gel for Sunburn and Blisters – 15 drops lavender oil + 50ml aloe vera
Suing an exfoliating facial scrub or soap bar to rub off dead skin cells will work wonders in helping your skin to feel refreshed as well as clean. Exfoliating soaps prevent dull and uneven skin tones by remaking build-up of dead skin cells. Exfoliating products are often called scrubs, but you should take care only to gently rub when using them on the face. Use facial scrubs gently so as not to damage your skin.
- Dry-Normal Skin – 20 drops lavender + 10 drops rose + 2 teaspoons cornmeal + 250g glycerin base.
- Normal-Greasy Skin – 30 drops tea tree oil + 2 teaspoons oatmeal + 250g glycerin base.
Oils to Use
- Sunburned/Damaged Skin – Chamomile or Tea tree or Sandalwood or Lavender.
- Deodorising – Bergamot or Neroli or Cypress or Rosemary or Lemon or Lemongrass or Peppermint or Lavender.
- Refreshing – Bergamot or Peppermint or Grapefruit.
- Moisturising – Sandalwood or Lavender or Geranium or Rose or Wheatgram or Ylang Ylang or Chamomile.