Runny nose, itchy eyes, hay fever, mood swings, low blood pressure, asthma and congestion are some of the major symptoms. Moreover, with the change in temperature, falling prey to seasonal flu is also common. Hence it is important to recognise the triggers for your allergy problems. While there are numerous medicines that can help you treat seasonal allergies, resorting to natural home-made remedies can prove to be as effective without any side effects.
Here are some home remedies for allergies :
- Eat spicy food, which can help clear sinuses. Turmeric can also act as a decongestant and reduce symptoms. Try chilli peppers, horse radish, wasabi, fresh garlic, dison mustard etc.
- Though not scientifically proven, some people swear by eating local honey, which can help your body adapt to the allergens within your region. Consume teaspoon of raw, unprocessed honey 1-3 times a day.
- Eat healthy foods loaded with antioxidants, which can be found in fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, green tea etc. A weak immune system and a poor diet will only make your symptoms worse.
- Wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses when you go outdoors.
- Avoid the outdoor noon to mid afternoon hours as much as possible as pollen count is highest during that time.