Acne is a common skin disorder that can result in several types of blemish. Some include pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads. There are many ways to prevent acne. A doctor or dermatologist can help to identify which factor or combination of factors is causing acne. However, many methods of treatment and prevention are similar, regardless of the cause.
Follow these home remedies to help get rid pimples. If your condition worsens or does not improve, or if you have sensitive skin, visit your dermatologist.
- Lemon – If your cane is oily, lemon juice can help. Rich in vitamin C, lemon juice helps skin dry up water. Use a clean cotton swab to apply lemon juice to acne before bed.
- Steam – Steam treatments can open you pores, letting your skin breathe and allowing topped bacteria to release. Heat a lot of water and sit with your head over it, with a towel over the back of your head to allow the steam to circulate. After, wash your face with warm water and moisturize.
- Proper Diet – One of the best way to prevent future pimples from occurring is to take care of your body from the inside. Avoid caffeine, sugar, excess dairy, and processed foods, and try to eat more probiotics, zinc, vitamin A and omega 3s.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil has been shown to provide results for those with mid acne, and can be beneficial for all skin types. Apply directly to the affected areas, and look for natural cleansers that utilise tea tree oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Use apple cider vinegar to tone your skin. With bacteria killing enzymes, apple cider vinegar will remove any residue. Apply it to skin twice a day using cotton pads. If you notice it is too harsh, dilute it with clean water.