Eating well and saving more can be easier when you know when to shop and where to look.
Looking for ways to get more from your food budget? Eating healthy doesn’t have to break the bank. These tips can help you shop smarter to get the most nutritious foods at a better price.
- Stick to your list — Taking inventory of the items you need before you shop and not deviating from your list can keep you from overbuying and overspending. Many grocery stores now offer online shopping which can be a great way to avoid impulse buying as you wander the aisles.
- Clip coupons — Search for savings on your favorite healthy products by entering “(Product Name) Coupons” online or by checking published weekly specials at your local market. Many brands also offer coupons if you sign up for their email list.
- Look high and low — Many stores stock pricier items at eye level. It pays to look for items on upper and lower shelves to find better deals, especially on store brands.
- Shop locally grown — Buying produce from your local farmers market can help you get the freshest, in-season items for less. Stock up during peak seasons and freeze your foods.
- Buy in bulk — Beans, cereals, grains, dried fruits, seeds, nuts in bulk can provide more servings at a lower cost. Check local discount warehouses or online markets for bulk deals.
Come for more tips on eating healthy on a budget tomorrow.
Reference : https://file.anthem.com/105415ANEENABS.pdf