Diabetes is a condition where the body can’t make insulin, or can’t use it well. Insulin is a hormone that helps our bodies get energy from the glucose in the food we eat. Without it, glucose levels in the blood stream are too high. Over time, this can cause damage to your body tissue and organs.
Keeping type 2 diabetes at bay 2-4
- Break a sweat. Exercise for 30 to 60 minutes every day.
- Get to or stay at a healthy body weight. Each pound you lose lowers your risk.
- Catch the right amount of Zzzs. Make sure you’re getting enough rest every night. Sleeping less than six hours or more than nine hours can put you at a higher risk.
- Make healthy food choices. Eat more fruits and veggies, and pay attention to your portion sizes. Limit foods that are high in sugar, fat or sodium.
- Kick the habit. The more cigarettes you smoke, the higher your risk for type 2 diabetes. Quitting smoking can be hard — get help if you need it.
- Keep an eye on your blood sugar. If you’re concerned about your blood sugar, talk to your doctor about when and how often you should get tested for diabetes.Remember, type 2 diabetes can be prevented and controlled. During your next doctor’s visit, talk about your risk factors for a little extra peace of mind.
Read more on Diabetes here > https://empress2inspire.blog/2021/02/24/get-the-lowdown-on-diabetes/
Reference : https://file.anthem.com/28838ANMENABS.pdf