Get ready to maximise your potential, maximise your living with empress2inspire’s new posts series “Daily Dose of Living”. These series will bring you the best in personal development and productivity every day of the week. Your best life awaits.
In today’s post we will continue to talk about mindful simplicity. The following are not rules, but guideposts against which you can check yourself, to help you pay close attention to what you’re doing.
- Wash your bowl when you’re done with it. All other dishes too, of course.
- Clean as you go. If you’re chopping vegetables, clean up the cutting board and knife when you’re done, and put food scraps in the compost. Don’t pile things on the counters or in the sink.
- Have a place for everything. If something doesn’t have a place, designate one. Put things back in their place when you’re done.
- Start decluttering where you are. Overwhelmed by all that you need to declutter? Start right where you are, and pick a few things that you don’t need or use, and put them in a bag or box to be donated or recycled. You’ve now started. Tomorrow, do it again.
- Wipe your sink. Have the sink clean when you’re done with it. If it’s dirty, scrub it. There shouldn’t be dishes in the sink.
- Wipe the counters and stove. When you’re done preparing food, wipe things down. It just takes a minute.
- If a floor is dirty, take a minute to sweep it mindfully. It’s a nice break in your day.
Come back tomorrow for more tips of mindful living.
Reference : https://zenhabits.net/mindful-simplicity/